Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise question

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
The small green light on my cruise control is illuminated but the on switch no longer activates the green CRS light under the instrument panel like it used to...

The cruise control isn't working but the power mirrors are so the fuse must be alright.

Any suggestions?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If is the same as VR then there is s cruise cancellation switch under the brake pedal. The threads strip as they are only plastic. I replaced mine and it sorted the cruise. Same problem you are having.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I'd break and clean with contact cleaner the connections in the cruise control circuit. Reassemble with WD40 to help prevent further corrosion. Had a similar problem with my 20 year old MB earlier this week. These cars are getting old and the electrical systems are starting to suffer from problems the manufacturer's never anticipated.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Make sure one of your brake lights isn't blown (the lights when you hit the pedal, not the parkers). They do this by design.