Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruising – mates or alone?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
i gotta chose between company and alone (with loud music). not too many friends of mine like my music, so i do 50/50. i will do alone (music only), with very windy hilly roads, or more straighter roads with friends that get may car sick on tight corners.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
break something.. besides the law? :p

no, I play little games like “what’s that noise” and worry about what's going to break next.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
always try and jump in mates cars. everytime mine comes out i do skids and i always break something..

lol, sounds like Nicks car :yeah:

Its fun with a couple of mates, try and box each other in on the highway (at night mostly)

Cruised by myself yesterday to G town, to pick up some things. Was good, fuel average sat at 10.4

blackdoggg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
best ones i believe is a group of cars with 2 people in each car, good convoy and not too lonely.
3 is alright, but kinda bad for the person in the back, little left out.
i prefer cruising with a mate generally. But love to cruise by myself if theres something going on with me, clears my head up, relaxing, calms me down better than anything.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
no, I play little games like “what’s that noise” and worry about what's going to break next.
Sorry, couldn't help myself when you said that... i knew what you meant LOL

I'm kinda like that too actually. After one sump, one electric aerial, one tyre bulge (in the same week as the aerial), popped off left hand side of front bumper (same week again), scratched headlight... the list goes on! :O

I do like cruises by myself too, but i reckon with one other person is better

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
lol, sounds like Nicks car :yeah:

Its fun with a couple of mates, try and box each other in on the highway (at night mostly)

Cruised by myself yesterday to G town, to pick up some things. Was good, fuel average sat at 10.4

hahahah nicks car breaks sitting in the shed not doing anything more than it does when its out doing something :whistling

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
By myself. If my mates or missus are in the car, all they bloody do is talk when i'm trying to listen to a good track. Shits me when i have to turn the stereo up and down, up and down, up and down.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I rarely drive for the hell of it but when i do its only by myself. I hate driving other people in the car because they expect you to talk and i hate following other cars cause half the time they flog it through an orange light which shits me

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
cruzn around town you need people with ya or you simply look like a knob....the problem with my mates used to be nobody wanted to drive only wanted to get smashed, i was the taxi but i didnt mind....mates used to call friday mornings to "book" their seats lol..they were the days.....but if you go scenic then yeah alone helps clear your head...

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i gotta chose between company and alone (with loud music). not too many friends of mine like my music, so i do 50/50. i will do alone (music only), with very windy hilly roads, or more straighter roads with friends that get may car sick on tight corners.

you must listen to metal then haha, i get the same thing, but they r usually ok with it, i just have it on 'medium' volume.

i dont mind either way, but i do like someone to chat to while driving around :thumbsup: