Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruising – mates or alone?

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
I find being by myself relaxes me.. I can think of nothing better than belting down the highway on a sunny day with all the windows slammed listening to my favorite song as loud as it can go.

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
One day I randomly drove down to Philip Island from Melbourne....no idea why, just hopped in my car, and drove.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Definitely depends on the mood.

To clear my head when there is stuff going on and do some thinking its definitely alone, have had many of these cruises. Most memorable was last year when I just got my license I cruised from here (brisbane) down to lismore and back one school night. Most of these cruises are on deserted roads at after midnight through where there are barely any cars or houses around, and with the way I drive then, I'm definitely not allowing any passengers.

Around town just out for a drive definitely get mates to come with, 2-3 people in the car is about it though, otherwise it's just to crowded. Best cruises with mates are the ones with around 5-10 cars with 2-3 people per car. good mix.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i like to either have a full car (tucks rim with just me.. so tucks alot with a full car)

or just me and 1 passenger... i hate loud music in cars it shits me, i prefer the sound of a V8 anyday over music

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
I rarely drive for the hell of it but when i do its only by myself. I hate driving other people in the car because they expect you to talk and i hate following other cars cause half the time they flog it through an orange light which shits me

exactly!

i also have the problem my music selection drives people crazy,
manly because the genre will change too many times, and the choice of music is either too obscure/too weird, or its too annoyingly mainstream lol

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
one thing i hate about cruising with mates is they change the song, to the one song released on radio or that everyone knows****ing annoys the hell outta me

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
cruzn around town you need people with ya or you simply look like a knob....the problem with my mates used to be nobody wanted to drive only wanted to get smashed, i was the taxi but i didnt mind....mates used to call friday mornings to "book" their seats lol..they were the days.....but if you go scenic then yeah alone helps clear your head...

Why would you look like a knob for cruising by yourself? So does that mean every person in a car by themselves on the road looks like a knob? How is anyone going to know you are cruising?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Why would you look like a knob for cruising by yourself? So does that mean every person in a car by themselves on the road looks like a knob? How is anyone going to know you are cruising?

geelongs a small town. if your doing laps by yourself then you look like a complete d**k.

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
geelongs a small town. if your doing laps by yourself then you look like a complete d**k.

doesnt the great ocean road start near geelong? i reon there would be heaps of people driving that raod on their own. the first 100 kms of that road from geelong is the best from memory.

i recon driving around in circles may look questionable in a small town after a while.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute

If you are "cutting laps" you look like a complete d**k no matter WHERE you are, you just look dumber when you have a carload of mates with you lol.

doesnt the great ocean road start near geelong? i reon there would be heaps of people driving that raod on their own. the first 100 kms of that road from geelong is the best from memory.

i recon driving around in circles may look questionable in a small town after a while.

Nah it starts at Torquay, and Torquay is about 20 or so minutes out of Geelong.