Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruising – mates or alone?

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Ahhh cruising songs. When I'm by myself on the highway - blues/rock/country. When I'm cruising with mates through town, it's GnR or ACDC :)

I just did a burnt a driving compilation last Thursday and let me tell you, pulling into work with GnR - November Rain, that last 2 minutes with the stereo cranked, god its awesome, but you get some bad looks from grumpy shits who can't believe I'm that pumped at 7 am.

I like going for a cruise by myself to clear my head and vent some frustration after a **** if a day, but I also love cruising with my girl or a good mate, listen to music, check out a sunset or drive in movie if I'm in Adelaide.

toyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s1 manual
Im a big fan of 1 passenger only. Lapping in small towns gets old quick so every weekend we would cruise with 3 cars from toowoomba to the gold coast stay on the coast friday night and head out west saturday afternoon/night..aah the good days

Lunchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz VZ Ute
Yeah one passenger is definitely the best, one of the reasons why I'm stoked on my ute. Driving alone gets boring but driving with a carload gets annoying, it's better with more people in their own cars.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I just did a burnt a driving compilation last Thursday and let me tell you, pulling into work with GnR - November Rain, that last 2 minutes with the stereo cranked, god its awesome, but you get some bad looks from grumpy shits who can't believe I'm that pumped at 7 am.

haha that reminds me of a place i used to work at rockin up at 7ish me and my mate rockin out to bloodbath, one song that always gets me pumped before work is ravenous by arch enemy **** yeah

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6

I like going for a cruise by myself to clear my head and vent some frustration after a **** if a day, but I also love cruising with my girl or a good mate, listen to music, check out a sunset or drive in movie if I'm in Adelaide.

haha same here i leave for tafe at 7am pumping me electro/house at max and when im at the traffic lights people giving me weird looks lol, feel like saying CHEER UP SON!

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
mainly the Girlfriend. alot of weekend include the boys in the back misses in the front esky in the boot petrol in the tank and a waste of a night!.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
cruising by yourself is good to calm down, loud music mellows me out.... too bad i cant afford fuel to cruise around

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Must say best cruise/drive I have done was by myself.... Penrith to Campbelltown via The Northern Rd.... Early evening, good music and a nice pace....
thanks for the support there Rich :bang: What about Mulgoa Road and taking the back way home hmmm?

For me I prefer to cruise in convoy, makes the day more fun and despite popular belief no you dont always have to have a planned route even with 10 odd cars behind you, the spontaneous route to somewhere is often the most fun.

As for whose in the car Im not really fussed, although I prefer to be by myself on a JCCC cruise so I can balance the radio and CB chatter (I can still hear the CB convo with the stereo right up)

But a cruise has to be just that, Im not talking laps of the same street on a friday night, Im talking about an all day cruise - 300 odd kays round trip :p