Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crunch crunch

newvsowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
JG Cruze
Dear everyone,

so i have a new weird problem. driving home from the station after work going over speed bumps, i get a 'crunch crunch' noise from the front left side when going over. it sounds like driving over really crunchy leaves. i have had that wheel off and cant see anything.

anyone had anything like this?

cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
mabe your strut bearing/rubbers are rooted. any groaning or creaking when your turn the wheel?mine are stuffed and it groans and creaks when i turn and also sometimes creaks when i brake as well.

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
Sometimes a thudding noise in the front end could be stabilizing rods? Maybe check them out

newvsowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
JG Cruze
ok update: it only seems to crunch when it has been parked in the cold in the night. It only does it on the drive home from work. I was driving to work today down the same street with the humps, and it didnt crunch!!

but CORNYY and General Xander, thanks for the input, if I knew who you were, I'd buy you a beer!!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Could be normal as all rubber bushes tend to make a noise when cold and stiff.

newvsowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
JG Cruze
Thanks hako. How many beers do I owe you now? Lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
ok update: it only seems to crunch when it has been parked in the cold in the night. It only does it on the drive home from work. I was driving to work today down the same street with the humps, and it didnt crunch!!

but CORNYY and General Xander, thanks for the input, if I knew who you were, I'd buy you a beer!!

Thanks mate happy to help. Strut bearings are only like 30 bucks anyway.