Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crushed to death under car.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just a reminder to everyone of how easy it is to die under a car thats jacked up and not supported properly. A guy here was found crushed to death under his car he was working on the other day.His missus found him.It fell off a jack,this guy apparently was a heavy vehicle mechanic.NEVER get under a car thats only supported by a jack.

Last edited:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Maybe he thought it was a light vehicle

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Hmm, Ive gotten a fright the over month or so. Had it jacked up.. Had the wheel off and I was gonna put my head under to have a look - decided not to, Second after I put the tyre on the studs the jack slipped, floor of my car got the load.. and yeah. scared me.. Prob would of been worse if I hadnt got the tyre on..

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
And this is why i trust Car Ramps So much More, Only time i will use a jack is when the tyre must come off, then its on stands on the flattest ground possible

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
agreed, axle stands if the wheel must come off, if not, car ramps

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Yeah not worth risking your life, there's always crappy jack recalls made in china ####
What I do is use stands plus the jack still in position, if something slips there's still something to wedge it just so I won't be crushed

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
What I do is use stands plus the jack still in position, if something slips there's still something to wedge it just so I won't be crushed

same here, the more things under there to stop it falling on u the better. i remember saving this bonehead from copping a severe headache at the least a few years ago. guy jacked it up and crawled underneath to fix the muffler rattle or something, didn't worry about stands cos he was only going to be under there for a second. i threw some under there for him just in case and what happens next???? bloody car jumped off the jack!! stands caught it thankfully.

it was funny seeing this unit fly out from under the car white as a ghost though!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
you and your family ok bro????