Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crushing cars and installing speed limiters for "hoons"

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
you could have a gps system in the car, and it has the speed limits yes? mine does, well say freeway is 110, the gps will know, and set the limit to lets say 115, so you can atleast overtake, or have a set amount of time you can speed to 125 like 15 seconds, and then it goes back to 110, and when you go into a street thats 50, it wont let you speed at all.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
you realise exceeding the speed limit to overtake is still illegal?

If the other car is doing the speed limit you shouldnt need to overtake..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
you realise exceeding the speed limit to overtake is still illegal?

If the other car is doing the speed limit you shouldnt need to overtake..

Surely you arent saying you NEVER speed up to overtake? I wont even try and get out of that one, I always speed up to pass, the less time im in the other lane the better.

To the OP, crushing cars is pointless, speed limiting, not a bad idea, but at the end of the day its just piss poor diversion tactics from state and federal governments. Better driver training, mixed with police, parents, teachers all being hand back the right to discipline children will go a long way.

I seen these 5 morons on the TV that were killed, looked like they didnt share a brain between them, then to top it off one of their bright spark mates was caught doing 165 in a 70? zone the next morning. Clearly scare tactics do not work on these brainless ********s. Until we come up with an idiot test that allows us to put down ********s before they hurt someone all we can hope for is that these idiots wipe themselves out before wiping out innocent road users.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Surely you arent saying you NEVER speed up to overtake? I wont even try and get out of that one, I always speed up to pass, the less time im in the other lane the better.

Not at all, I do it often. But still illegal.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
these teenages clearly had a death wish drink driving, exceeding 150 kph with a passenger hanging his head out the window yahooing and having 6 people in a 5 seater (forgot to mention they were also driving a ford) how stupid can you get surely one of the 5 passengers would of had a brain .
speed restricting l and p plate drivers only tackles half the problem as accidents from people holding these licenses only cater for 30 odd percent of the road toll, they speed limit trucks, trucks still kill more people than p platers do
more public drag strips and race tracks with weekly/monthly meets that are subsidised by the gov with driver education courses would give "hoons" somewhere legal to "hoon" how manny rural abandoned air strips are there that maybe see one plane a week.
they tried the crushing thing in America and that CLEARLY WORKED *sarcastic look*

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
crushing cars is a pointless waste of resources and is just going to increase the number of people that will use high speeds to evade the police to prevent them impounding the car to crush it

how hard would it be to remove a speed limiter, especially on an older car?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

SS 1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
i personally reckon that they need driver ed programs and and maybe you have to complete 1 driver ed program before you go 4 ur Ls and you have 2 complete 2-3 b4 you can go 4 ur Ps.....but have it unlimited so teenagers can go as much as possible and put a cost on it.......and if you had days where you could go out there and just muck round doin burnouts and stuff......nothing is going to stop them being idiots but at least they might be able to control a car bit better. bcoz they go out n do 150 on highways things it easy but all it takes it a little thing to go round n you end up in a body bag