Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CRUZE CONTROL problems

bigsnoopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve international wagon 3.0 sidi
Hi people, has anyone on here had problems with their VE's cruze control? Mine seems to be disengaging all the time and once it does you have to stop the car and turn it off to get it to work again, I've got it booked in to the Holden dealership in our town on Thursday but I thought I'd see if on here had any experience with it..Oh it's a late 09 / my10 3.0 auto Sportwagon....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes, I had a similar problem with my MY12 ute. Wouldn't accel with the cruise stalk, and flicking high beam would cause it to drop out........

Once it dropped out, it wouldn't re-engage without shutting the car down..........

Mentioned it at the 3000km service, the dealership hooked up the diagnostic equipment, and found code dtcb3794, 'function signal invalid'.

They removed the steering column covers and found a crimped wire in the stalk harness. Fitted a new assy. and its all good now.:spot on:

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
One can only long for the buttons to be on the steering wheel on the VF....

bigsnoopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, that is exactly the same as what's going on with mine...I've written down the code and tell them of your problems and cure..
Thanks again Snoop
Yes, I had a similar problem with my MY12 ute. Wouldn't accel with the cruise stalk, and flicking high beam would cause it to drop out........

Once it dropped out, it wouldn't re-engage without shutting the car down..........

Mentioned it at the 3000km service, the dealership hooked up the diagnostic equipment, and found code dtcb3794, 'function signal invalid'.

They removed the steering column covers and found a crimped wire in the stalk harness. Fitted a new assy. and its all good now.:spot on:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Oh I thought this was a problem with controlling your Cruze - not your cruise control - carry on

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Disagree!

One can only long for the buttons to be on the steering wheel on the VF....

I have had Commodore and Falcon cruise control systems. I prefer the cruise controls on the stalk rather than on the steering wheel.

bigsnoopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took the worhshop forman for a drive (or rather he took me) and for a while it was going just fine, but lucky for me a few km's out the road it started playing up like a second hand watch. At least he's seen the problem first hand and he said he would talk to the mechanic who will be working on my car....I'll let you know how it goes

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I have had Commodore and Falcon cruise control systems. I prefer the cruise controls on the stalk rather than on the steering wheel.

I'm not fussed on the cruise control buttons on a falcon either. Cars like toyotas (kluger) have a much better system.

bigsnoopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
All fixed finally after replacing first the brake switch and then the stalk...