Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crypto Currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is anybody watching Bitcoin and/or Crypto Currencies in general? In my opinion, this is another bubble that is going to pop. What is your opinion?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Is anybody watching Bitcoin and/or Crypto Currencies in general? In my opinion, this is another bubble that is going to pop. What is your opinion?

I was getting until quite recently , emails regarding Bitcoin , despite having no account or interest , my opinion is it is a scam, or at very least a scheme in which returns are limited .

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The 1st time I heard of it the price for 1 was at $35 USD. Did not bothered on buying, thought the price was too high back then. Also, thought on mining some but there was no software for Linux.

Is a Currency, is not Money. However, the Blockchain Tech is some that I am insterested. My question is... which Crypto will be the "official" one. One problem that is croping up is that you can buy without any issues, is the selling. When you convert the Crypto into any currency, depending of the nation, taxes and other legalities comes to play.

Is like a Roach Motel, you can check in, but cannot check out.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The 1st time I heard of it the price for 1 was at $35 USD. Did not bothered on buying, thought the price was too high back then. Also, thought on mining some but there was no software for Linux.

Is a Currency, is not Money. However, the Blockchain Tech is some that I am insterested. My question is... which Crypto will be the "official" one. One problem that is croping up is that you can buy without any issues, is the selling. When you convert the Crypto into any currency, depending of the nation, taxes and other legalities comes to play.

Is like a Roach Motel, you can check in, but cannot check out.

a roach motel , would be a apt description of Face Book too , another total waste of time and effort .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In some ways digital currency is a perfect fit for the global economy and a workaround for the many crappy governments that are in power.
However deregulation always gives the opportunity to other mafia style powerhungry warlords to try and profit so it's a dicey gamble at this point.
I'm amazed governments have not made it illegal but some say they are actually behind cryptos, to make it harder for the anyone to trace The games they are playing with public money.
The fact is the value of bitcoin has boomed and I wish I bought 50 of them 5 years ago when my mate was mining it

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I do like the idea of decentralization. To be honest, there is no need for Central Banks. The US Fed Reserve, the EU ECB, BIS, IMF, World Bank, etc.. they are just a group of corrupted power hungry organizations.

Google some called the London Gold Fix. Bankers are manipulating precious metals prices with nothing more than paper contracts.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It is very real and some people have made a lot of money from it but those were the early investors no doubt. Bitcoin is accepted at a fair few places for real commodities and services but definitely more popular in the criminal/underground/darkweb world.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
So is cash and Precious Metals, even Diamonds. Criminals always find a way to transact. I saw a movie some time ago, they used just a piece of paper with a symbol, that was redeemable for some cash. Also, saw a Flea Market that used Wooden Tokens as a mean of exchange. All you had to do is exchange any currency for tokens, buy what you need with them. The vendor, exchanged the tokens for cash. That way, taxes were avoided.

Like we say in the central USA... "There is more than one way to skin a cat."

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I call bubble boardering on gigantic ponzi scheme. If you are tipping money in now, make sure it's not much. If you have had for a while, jag your original investment out + a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.