Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crypto Currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I hold some Cryptos as an speculative asset, like betting on horses. I am not condemning not endorsing. What really gets me is the manipulation of the exchanges (FTX, Mount Gox).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What I find confusing is their popularity was based on peer to peer transactions and sticking it to the established but the reality of a crypto exchange made it central again which then means the man sticks it to you…

Don’t know how DEX works as I haven’t looked into it but the whole distributed ledger system with mining driving it was simply not sustainable form a climate prospective… It was flawed… And the solution is to remove the supposed distributed nature of mining and replace it with a buy in stake…

Quicker it implodes or goes 100% back to massive distributed ledgers and sustainable mining the better it will be. I suspect it will implode as there is no going back…

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I agree with your thinking. Eventually all will find the right price equilibrium. Too much chaos in the Crypto world at the moment. However, on these wild times, is risky but with some luck you might make some cash playing Crypto Roulette. As always say, want to try Cryptos? Use cash that you can afford to lose, you are on your own, learn on your own.

On my case, I made $2K USDs with LTC, traded for Ve and see what pans out. A lot of sit and wait. Got this shitty token called Shiba Inu. I am sitting on it to see if I get lucky, and there is another pump and dump.

I was watching LTC, seems that is a pump and dump in progress. Peaked at $81 USD, almost a 30% boost.

Time will weed out the good and bad cryptos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-204426.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120-204426.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 71

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok - I have been watching this FTX soap opera play out and yeah - wow.

The fact that these 'kids' can get sooooooo far is actually amazing. As for the investment managers at Softbank et-al who investors in this - they should all immediately resign. Even the most brief look at the relevant balance sheets would see it was a huge house of cards. To invest their clients money in something near guaranteed to fail is reckless in the extreme.

So, in my understanding, one of the points of Crypto was that banks and other traditional institutions became redundant as by design the blockchain was a decentralised, although very very inefficient system. Thus, it's hilarious that so many people decided to put their money into a centralised institution (aka bank) without any regulation or oversight by any government or regulatory body what so ever! Regardless of their ills, at least the vast bulk of banks in most developed economies are very close to being totally safe often with government guarantees of deposits in many cases.

Does this mean Crypto is dead? Not at all. Sadly many of the leaders in the Crypto community were shouting loudly that FTX et-al was nothing but a scam yet few (if any) in the mainstream media have listened. The hypocrisy is the recent pile on by many over how 'bad' Crypto is because of this collapse. FTX is completely separate issue to crypto.

No doubt I'm a crypto sceptic. I have characterised it as a trendy modern fad with little substance. The missing piece to take crypto to the next level is also the piece which gives it it's value amongst the proponents - that being value stability. To achieve this, means the speculators which give its current value will have little opportunity to make money and the value will stabilise at some level with similar fluctuations to that of more traditional currencies thus giving some certainty to broader business and the confidence to adopt it.

Has it cost me money in forgone opportunity? Probably. That could also be said for a phonebook of other spec investments I have not adopted. I'm more in favor of asymmetry when investing my money - particularly at the spec end of things. That is, potential for massive upside growth with minimal (if any) downside risk. FTX aside, I still don't see any compelling case for putting my money in crypto whilst it has no inherent value or purpose. If that costs me more money in opportunity cost forgone into the future - maybe. Only time will tell but for now I'm entirely fine with that. Of course if things change into the future I may reassess my position but for now I'm good with staying out :)

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The fact that these 'kids' can get sooooooo far is actually amazing.
There is no doubt in my mind, these kids could not put this shît together without the help of some heavy hitters. I see that was a money laundering operation.

without any regulation or oversight by any government or regulatory body what so ever!

Gary Gensler was part of the gig. Is like placing the director of the FBI in charge of terrorism. They had a man in the inside of the regulatory body.

I do not blame the tech by itself, I see Cryptos as a good idea. Is like any other tech, can be used for good or bad. This time, was used for bad.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What about the kids that made facebook or many of the other large online platforms we have today?

And then straight in with some more conspiracies.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.