Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CSV 5000i VS Volanti Commodore

Redneckhillbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk injected 6 Berlina + Vr 5.0 Bt1 + Vt 5.0 Calais
Damn, now that is a very special old girl right there. I was a massive Corsa Special Vehicles fan back in the day and had the pleasure of meeting Peter Dichiera and the boys back in the original shed across from benetrim who used to do the interior trimming. Some mad boys and awesome times. 15th and San Mateo if I remember correctly.

Very tough cars and in my opinion worth as much as any of the HSV variants and I Am a massive Vl-Vt 5ltr fanatic.

Redneckhillbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk injected 6 Berlina + Vr 5.0 Bt1 + Vt 5.0 Calais
Yes I do agree 100% on both points. The thing with all that is that HSV until at least LS days was aimed at the exclusive upper executives more than the hardcore enthusiast which meant everything had to be as elegant and refined as much as it did tough and staunch. It's the same sorta thing to compare an APV to a HSV in my opinion. Plus HSV still had to have everything approved by the head honchos in detroit before they could do anything so yeah that is why the Vr-Vs maloo never got the 215i and 6 speed and we never got the lsa/9 until the very last moment.