Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Current Clutch Prices

skotlar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2
So i've looked through the forums etc, but prices i've seen aren't current.

Basically, the clutch in my V6 VU is slipping and i've been told it will need replacing in the near future.

I've made a couple of phone calls and alot of places are talking closer to $2000 to replace the clutch and a solid flywheel.

One place however, has quoted me $1350 installed, for an Exedy clutch and solid flywheel (getting rid of the dual mass)

As i've just bought the car, I didn't budget for this and even though it sounds alot to me, so far that looks the best deal.

I'd just like some final advice if anyone knows any other places in Melb that may do it a bit cheaper or is this about right and a good deal?

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
those clutches are shithouse though

good for stock-ish power only

i thought v6 clutches weren't too expensve

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
have a crack at doing it urself.... with mates or even a mate, but mine cost me about 1250 for HD clutch from exedy with single plate..

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Definitely get rid of the dual mass. Had mine done a while ago and whilst there is a little
extra noise low down in the revs its way worth it for the extra bite. Just my two cents tho :)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
yep a hd clutch is the go.................
have a crack at doing it urself.... with mates or even a mate, but mine cost me about 1250 for HD clutch from exedy with single plate..

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
a HD clutch from exedy is $1200-1300.. no labour incl so yeah $1350 installed is cheap!

turbobrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS Commodore 6 speed.
I bought a clutch kit for the LS1 on Boxing day, ended up landing a 20% discount on an order-in item, was stoked, $850 for the clutch, and some fighting and bickering with friends under the car, and it was in the car within a day, been driving solid ever since.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
a HD clutch from exedy is $1200-1300.. no labour incl so yeah $1350 installed is cheap!
^ This. Our price on the HD clutch is $1279, so $1350 installed is a bargain!

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
i just bought my VU aswell, and iv been told the clutch is on its way out in the near'ish future (hoping it lasts till the end of the year). im looking into clutch prices and install prices too :) this has been a helpful little bit of info, thanks all :)