Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Current draw on Fuse 1 (Parking Lamps, Trip Computer, Pwr Antenna)

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Thanks very much for the tips guys.

Everything that's supposed to be on that circuit works fine - parkers, trip computer, antenna.

I've tested the antenna cable (inside the LHS quarter panel behind the wheel) with a Clamp Meter - no current there (confirmed the Meter was detecting ~800mA current at the battery), so it doesn't appear to be the antenna.

Any other ideas for what I should check next?
The clock in the dash,
The trip computer....

My money is on the clock in the dash.

F1 also powers Pin 16 on the DLC, is anything plugged into the DLC or spliced into the wiring just behind the DLC?

Edit: Just delving into the official schematics and lo and behold the GLOVEBOX light is also powered by Fuse 1 directly on the orange with white trace wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
The fuse is labelled 'Parking Lamps, Trip Computer, Pwr Antenna' but there could be other things connected. Pulling the fuse turns the AC off so there's at least that.

Any idea how to disconnect those things anyway? I've tested Antenna, how can I isolate lamps and trip computer?
Fuse 1 is just for all the illumination or back lighting for most of the dash. It doesnt "power" those things as such except for the

Clock in the dash,
Trip Computer,
Pin 16 in the DLC....

And as it turns out the Glovebox light.

Glove box light has to be staying on when the glovebox is closed.
Glovebox light switch could be dicky or has dropped out of the glovebox door.

Last edited:

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Fuse 1 is just for all the illumination or back lighting for most of the dash. It doesnt "power" those things as such except for the

Clock in the dash,
Trip Computer,
Pin 16 in the DLC....

And as it turns out the Glovebox light.

Glove box light has to be staying on when the glovebox is closed.
Glovebox light switch could be dicky or has dropped out of the glovebox door.
My car had a power leak. Looked almost everywhere. I disconnected the front and rear blackvue cameras, the aftermarket sub amp, still no good. I then opened the glove box and disconnected the switch and that did the trick. The bulb had burnt out, but was still somehow drawing current.