Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

currently under going oil consumption test

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Maybe RiCeY can shed a bit more light on this and gives us his thoughts on the new S/W to help stop the LLT Oil usage issue?
I find that he has honest responses and tell it as it is.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Software is released mid August, my car is booked in for September, not sure what it does but hopefully it helps people who don't get a new engine.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
They may be pretending to do something as the issue is so big it made the Telegraph in Sydney some weeks back. The only real issue for them would be any effect on VF sales as everone knows motor, gearbox and driveline are pretty much unchanged.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
there is a new calibration setting that is performed which adjusts the Variable Valve manifold runner, it is a FLAP thing that is not closed compl;etely at idle, when you take off, oil pressure rises and oil is leaked past this and burnt through the engine. A few cars have had it done, including my brothers, with great results. Fingers crossed, it works for mine as well.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Took my car back for a air con leak and while there I asked about a software update, was told there is one for the exhaust which they will do but the engine software update is not available for another few weeks.

So will see in another few weeks when I hit the 60,000km service if they have it then.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
No it is avaliable now

nathan g

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodor
hi i had the same problem with my car burning oil thay did the software upgrade so far all good no more oil burning

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi i had the same problem with my car burning oil thay did the software upgrade so far all good no more oil burning
Cool, I have only done 1300ks since, so early days yet, but no oil loss at this point. It will be around the 5000ks mark that will prove if it is fixed

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
did they write a tech line number on the invoice?

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
What it has on my invoice is engine re-calibration for excessive oil consumption.
Just ask to see the service manager, call and book a time to chat with him/her for 15 mins, explain what is going on, how much oil you go through etc etc, be cool, calm and show you are asking for help, not blaming anyone. The re calibration makes changes the VVT manifold runner position I was told. My brother had it done and only used a quarter of the oil he was before the clibration, so from using 2 litres per 4000ks, when they calculated the oil consumption after the re calibration, he had used 500mls. Big improvement. i have done 2000ks so far, checked the oil yesterday and it is at the bottom of the FULL hash marked area, so about 250mls used so far. Still early days, but i would have used 1 litre by now