Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom AC lines

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My car is currently getting some new aircon lines made up in order to tidy up the interchiller install

You want hard lines, with as little flexible lines as possible

The flexible lines need to be made from some spec stuff
You want flexible hose in appropriate places to take up any movement which stop any hard line fatigue failures from occurring. In some cases the flexible hose may need to be longer than asthetics would prefer but it’s better than leaking refrigerant and frequent repairs and top ups.

And the flexible hose must be automotive ac refrigerant specific hose else you will have issues…

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ve got to question the reason why it’s illegal though. Is it purely to protect an industry? I think so when the excuse for it being illegal is that its bad for the environment to release the gas but you can buy freeze spray made of R134a that’s specifically for releasing into the environment!

https://www.aimsindustrial.com.au/assets/sds/A0115651.pdf
Na. I often work with the public and the dumb **** people do is bewildering. Makes you wonder how we got as far as we have as a species. The weight of stupidity on our society is a burden we should not endure.

Spend 20mins in the plumbing aisle at a big box hardware as an observer. You see people wanting to use garden hose fittings to modify house hold gas pipes. They are that ******* stupid.

Regulate industries that harm more than the stupid person if they do more stupid things.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check with the EPA, they're the draconian regulator of all the 'greenhouse gases'.
I was involved in an incident where a 737 fire bottle was accidently discharged during a maintenance check.
2 avionics engineers were stood down, 2 others received 'letters on their file'.
The company required special authority for every fire bottle in the fleet, including spares, and ended up with a $50,000 fine.
I was working under the engine cowls when it went off, and some poo came out.
In my eagerness to exit the area, I gashed my head open on the thrust reverser, and scored a free ambulance trip to the hospital for the rest of the night...

Was that with the old type that are now banned or the newer generation?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na. I often work with the public and the dumb **** people do is bewildering. Makes you wonder how we got as far as we have as a species. The weight of stupidity on our society is a burden we should not endure.

Spend 20mins in the plumbing aisle at a big box hardware as an observer. You see people wanting to use garden hose fittings to modify house hold gas pipes. They are that ******* stupid.

Regulate industries that harm more than the stupid person if they do more stupid things.
Then we shouldn't get in the way of them earning a Darwin Award :eek:

Open things up and allow those that can to do... make Darwin Awards a yearly thing like Australian of the Year... :p:p:p

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Open things up and allow those that can to do... make Darwin Awards a yearly thing like Australian of the Year... :p:p:p
We didn’t get here in the first place as a species by rewarding retardedness. As a species we are now devolving.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

That’s true, and I like to think that people killing themselves doing their stupid stuff is how it’s sorted. However their actions are not inconsequential to others and stupidity and ignorance is designed into our society. They just keep coming (says someone who has done some stupid things) Those fk wits that do that stuff, they kill them selves but also blow up or set fire to a neighbours house, cause disruptions to gas supply to the street, which leaves another house in a situation and so on. Or do the dodgy repair and it holds for a bit, they sell and someone else unknowingly lives with a dangerous situation. The butterfly effect.

Or stupid people releasing dangerous things into the atmosphere we all need to live.

Overall, any trade or industry that (as an analogy) is like a cardboard house, with lots of people in it, but with two stupid people playing with matches, that is the situation we need regulation.

If everyone was positively intelligent, emotionally and intellectually, we would not require regulation.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s true, and I like to think that people killing themselves doing their stupid stuff is how it’s sorted. However their actions are not inconsequential to others and stupidity and ignorance is designed into our society. They just keep coming (says someone who has done some stupid things) Those fk wits that do that stuff, they kill them selves but also blow up or set fire to a neighbours house, cause disruptions to gas supply to the street, which leaves another house in a situation and so on. Or do the dodgy repair and it holds for a bit, they sell and someone else unknowingly lives with a dangerous situation. The butterfly effect.

Or stupid people releasing dangerous things into the atmosphere we all need to live.

Overall, any trade or industry that (as an analogy) is like a cardboard house, with lots of people in it, but with two stupid people playing with matches, that is the situation we need regulation.

If everyone was positively intelligent, emotionally and intellectually, we would not require regulation.
Thats way too serious and sensible… In any case, collateral damage would only be a short lived issue as the species cleans up its act :oops:

And there is the fact that Darwin Awards are much funnier and should be celebrated :p:p:p

PS: I agree we need rules and regs but things can be done a rather differently re wiring, ac work, etc…

And the biggest wiring danger to Aussies is the cheap non compliant wiring that was imported into Aus and fitted by licences electricians. It’s something that is still not fully addressed and has gone quiet except for the more frequent sound of fire brigade going to what seems more frequent house fires. Lets not forget the polystyrene cladding used in high rise buildings, another clusterfuck gone quiet…

I still feel that lots of the rules are for protection of closed industries and less to do with idiots electrocuting themselves of pissing refrigerant into the atmosphere…

Last edited: