Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Air Intake VT/VX

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
It's a VP so all's clear over that side.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
if you want noise, make up a 65mm pipe or smaller then put the smallest pod you can find on it, itll suck its tits off :)

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
cai3resize.jpg

Decent fuel economy gain, not a bad power gain either. I have a deflection plate I can put at the outlet of the pipe inside the standard air box for locust plagues, etc. :p

Washable air filter is a must, and I have the standard air inlet neck covered with thick foam, so if the intake pipe is submerged in water, it'll pull air through the foam and not choke the engine with water.

$7 for 50cm of 3.5" "Turbo-Flex", A few lengths of split vacuum line to cover the sharp edges in the holes, a 3.5" hole-saw, a hose clamp and a few cables ties and you're done.

:)

PS: I know it's a VT/VX thread, but the OP asked for pics of other setups, don't discriminate! Heheh.

lovin it, now gunna do the same to my VR
can i get more pics? pm me if u have 2?
cheers :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nice looking Y-pipe i wouldnt bother with K&N pods they dont flow too well.probably what you have on there is as good as or better than K&N pods.box it up and she will be awesome

mercuri

Reaction score
not really true there mate..

the engine will only draw as much air as it can use which will easily exceed one pod and at the end of the day, with the same amount of air passing through 2 filters as 1.. itll make the noise no louder

but cant wait to see it in a box always love something new in a vt/x engine bay!:thumbsup:

yeh what would i know? i only have the system...

idb

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vx s m5
i want 1 where did u get 1 from ?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeh i wanted something different,

two pods make twice the noise, and twice as much suction, making up a heat shield as we speak.
no such thing as an oveboard upgrade, im on red P's so im trying to rep it as much as i can.
slowly slowly.

lol...yeah cause that makes sense. how does a pod create suction? its a filter, not some kind of air pump. it wont make twice the noise, or twice the suction.

yeh what would i know? i only have the system...

that means nothing. show me some kind of test that proves it. i could buy an ebay resistor chip, plug it in and say it makes my car twice as fast, and that i was right just because i have one.

sakd vt

sakdvt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt series 2
***in lebo style idea but i like it