Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Air Intake VT/VX

mercuri

Reaction score
sarp, bored so thought id post up my air setup ive recently chucked into the vt(v6 ecotec)
never seen it done before so id thought id give it a go and see how she runs(Air Filter Adapter,3inch Adapter, 3Inch Pipe to twin Pipe adapter, two pods) Also keeping the standard VT cold air pipe which is effective for cold air. currently using cheap pods to test it our, buying K&N's in a few weeks. has worked a charm and can really feel the difference in acceleration.

Post up some pics of ur custom air setups and a description of how they increased or decreased power etc.

twinpod.jpg

twinpodtopview.jpg

pic0428022.jpg

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Hmm interesting, I personally can’t see why you need two pod’s. But don’t get me wrong, I think its great people are trying different things.

I can’t see that the Pods are getting a whole lot of cold air though? What is induction noise like?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
2 pods is deffinatly overboard for a ecotec.. even with a blower it wont suck that much air..

but as said its good to see something new!

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
imo you would get more noise from 1 pod due to increase of velocity of air going through it. but yeh a bit of overkill but still nice work :)

mercuri

Reaction score
yeh i wanted something different,

two pods make twice the noise, and twice as much suction, making up a heat shield as we speak.
no such thing as an oveboard upgrade, im on red P's so im trying to rep it as much as i can.
slowly slowly.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
wow nice man ive only seen this done once on a mustang on youtube never though id see it on a ecotec lol

you should make an enclosure for it to get mostly cold air :thumbsup:

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
two pods make twice the noise, and twice as much suction

not really true there mate..

the engine will only draw as much air as it can use which will easily exceed one pod and at the end of the day, with the same amount of air passing through 2 filters as 1.. itll make the noise no louder

but cant wait to see it in a box always love something new in a vt/x engine bay!:thumbsup:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
something he could do to make it the induction noise louder would be a full exhuast, spacers, larger tb, and maybe high ratio rockers that should get it making more noise :)

oh also for my post above about the enclosure i didnt read ur comment saying ur making a heat shield :bang:

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
cai3resize.jpg

Decent fuel economy gain, not a bad power gain either. I have a deflection plate I can put at the outlet of the pipe inside the standard air box for locust plagues, etc. :p

Washable air filter is a must, and I have the standard air inlet neck covered with thick foam, so if the intake pipe is submerged in water, it'll pull air through the foam and not choke the engine with water.

$7 for 50cm of 3.5" "Turbo-Flex", A few lengths of split vacuum line to cover the sharp edges in the holes, a 3.5" hole-saw, a hose clamp and a few cables ties and you're done.

:)

PS: I know it's a VT/VX thread, but the OP asked for pics of other setups, don't discriminate! Heheh.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Decent fuel economy gain, not a bad power gain either. I have a deflection plate I can put at the outlet of the pipe inside the standard air box for locust plagues, etc. :p

Washable air filter is a must, and I have the standard air inlet neck covered with thick foam, so if the intake pipe is submerged in water, it'll pull air through the foam and not choke the engine with water.

$7 for 50cm of 3.5" "Turbo-Flex", A few lengths of split vacuum line to cover the sharp edges in the holes, a 3.5" hole-saw, a hose clamp and a few cables ties and you're done.

:)

Was looking at doing something along those lines, Where did you put the coolant tank?