Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom boot ideas...

vl-sl-commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL RB30E
Hey thinking about making a custom boot interior for my vl-sl and just wondering if anyone wants to float some ideas im just thinking at the moment about what materials would be good to use i dont want to go over the top cause i only really need to make if for 1000w JBL Audio sub, 1200w Sound storm Amp and spare tyre, im really clueless about how im going to tackle this so any ideas, pics on how it can be done would be great anything i should be worried about or be careful about doing myself?

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
21013020051_large.jpg

hamisgoodforyou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Well i currently have fake grass lined in my boot, fairly easy to put in. Just find a material you like and put it in.

nightshade

Reaction score
Members Ride
Super 6 vt,na vl ,5l vs ute
calaisturbo.com would be the place to start. there are a few boot build threads on there that may intrest you, what are you looking for though?? show or more sound quality prob have to take in acount that a sealed box may not look as sexy as a mirrored perspex one but the sound will resonate better, pretty sure there is even a few ppl that build custom boxes... i would put in a false floor with a recees for the amp and mount the sub to the back in a box then carpet with ur chosen material... even through some neons in there could run off your amp 12v an ground some where with a seperate fuse???

hope this helped you out a bit :p