Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom boot install

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Im wanting to put a new system in my vz and wondering if people could give me some pics on a custom set up with 3 or 4 12s and 2 amps but i still need to get to the spare wheel
It will be for comps aswell.
Doesnt matter what brand just need pictures.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
It will entre comps but want it for show aswell iv got 2 now just want that next level. I have had a quik look there might have another

I've been to many comps in our area and yet to find someone with 4 12's and have a spare wheel in there wheel well with the whole "showey look" going on. Most people go for the fibre glassed enclosures custom built into the wheel well with subs facing up. The loudest I've seen is 142db out of one of those types of setups. I've seen boot setups with 8 12's doing low 140's.

Are you going to enter comps for the fun of it or to try and win with loudest spl setup? All we have is SPL comps at the moment in WA. Should check out some stuff on Car Audio & Entertainment.

You could go for those corner boxes with 2 12's then maybe another 2 in a small sealed enclosure with the same volume as those corner boxes facing the rear of the boot and have it removable. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't advise it either. For a drop in box so it is removable to access spare wheel would get pretty tight for 4 12's and very hard to get a "showey look" out of it in my opinion. See what the other boys on here say.

I have seen something like this, 2 ported boxes removable. But to me that does not look good in a car show.

20kx3pi.jpg

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Mostly enter comps for fun but looking for 140db. Here is something im thinkn about.. But put amps somewhere else. With the second pic have 2 more subs where the tail lights are

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,575

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
qy7u5eba.jpg

2 X12's and spare is still accessible. I could add another 2 12's behind the rear seat and still have a spare.