Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Boot Install

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I checked the "search" function, and only one relevant post where someone was gonna post pics up.. but that was 4 months ago..

Has anyone done one of these before.. Cost involved.. and Pics?! Whether Professionally Installed, or Done in backyard...

Cheers.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I've got my old one, I paid for it though, ended up paying 600 or so just for the sub box, false floor, amp wall, all my wiring and some rca's, all the carpet and the labour.

Was a bit of a rip but in all honesty the build quality was that good, it sits that flush, I still have it to this day, 3 years down the track and I dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

I did write up the dimensions for the install though, its to suit a vl, anyone could build one themselves if they had any skill.

The main reason I didn't do it myself was, I didn't have the time nor the effort to get it sitting perfect and looking mint.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
yeah im pritty interested to

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Bax, could you post up some pictures of it.. as many as possible:p

As we all know, tax time is apon us.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Here you go, I couldn't find pictures of the new car, so heres some of the old maroon rig.

Only thing that I'm going to change when I put it in my new car is matching the floor with the carpet thats in the interior, and I'm going to do everything else in grey velour to match the interior aswell.

Last edited:

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Very nice boot install - neat and tidy. I like it.

Definitely worth $600.

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
i would show you my mates install if i had any pics, but sadly i dont...

but 4 12' subs in a custom wall, false floor, perspex so you can see the gigantic amp just under the false floor, side wall (battery behind it), and a custom "a perfect circle" perspex with neon behind it. all in all his stereo and install cost about $7000, lots of money, but looks SHMICK!!!!

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i made a false floor with an opening to see the amps under the floor, with kind of like a storage box on the opposite side of my spare tyre for $40 carpeted.
It's pretty dodgy as it was the first attempt. But for $40 its good practice.

Girl Torque

VL Calais 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais.. etc
have done diy - here's mine :)
MyBoot01.jpg

false floor with amp below, stacker side mounted in floor and sunken, 2 hidden compartments either side of rear facing sub.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
im doing something similar to bax with 2 12" kenwoods ive preped the boot with primer and sounddeadening its improved the sq alot. and has eliminated all the little rattels the idea is basically the same, the box will sit on the hump and it will have a baffle that finished just inside either boot hinge. i couldnt be bothered making it go past them to the boot sides as its a daily driver and i want my spare tyre. and the oposit side holds my jack etc, but i will be carpeting that side to stop any rattles. all i need to do now is get the wood for the box and screw it all together. im not going to carpet it to much hassle no real need to in the set grand scheme of the set up only the baffle will be painted black. with 2 black kenwood typhoon subs and the amp will be mounted on the top of the box just under the parcell shelf out of sight.

any questions or quieries just ask there are a fair few pic on my page and there will be more when i start the box and start painting the interior