Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom center console completed

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
G'Day all. I finished the installation of my center console today. :yeah:

I have received so many questions and comments about this, that I thought that it warranted a new topic. The facia is custom made, including drink holders which are typically reserved for vehicles with climate control. The facia for the radio recess was fabricated at Strathfield Car Radio. I also had the steering wheel controls modified to transmit an infra-red signal so that it can be detected by the DVD Headunit. I have attached some pictures below - hope you all like the results.

PICTURES REMOVED

Last edited:

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
Good Work

Good Work mate.. looks very neat. mustave spent quite a lot on it though!!!!

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Nice

02270014%20(Medium).JPG

this is a mates VY he eventually wants to put these kinda faces into production..

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
race4life: Yeah, it cost a bit - I stopped counting though so not to disuede me from completing it - lol :whistling
benzor: That dash is unreal - never seen anything like it before. There would be a considerable market niche for a product like that. :thumbsup:

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Both of these look fricken mint, very tidy guys :thumbsup:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Doesnt look straight, arght that would annoy the hell out of me, would of been nice if they fibreglassed/bogged it to contour it so it lookd stock.

Still i love that unit

Cheers
MaT

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
vy_acclaim said:
I have received so many questions and comments about this, that I thought that it warranted a new topic. The facia is custom made, including drink holders which are typically reserved for vehicles with climate control. I also had the steering wheel controls modified to transmit an infra-red signal so that it can be detected by the DVD Headunit.
Looks fantastic! Your eBay guide says fascias are availabe for a single-DIN CD player to suit VY & VZ models - where do I find one? I want something that looks as stock as possible.

Also, how did you get the cupholders in? Do you have to replace the entire surround for that? And where can I find the steering wheel remote converter? None of the local shops seem to have heard of it, which I find surprising.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
klaw81 said:
Looks fantastic! Your eBay guide says fascias are availabe for a single-DIN CD player to suit VY & VZ models - where do I find one? I want something that looks as stock as possible.

Also, how did you get the cupholders in? Do you have to replace the entire surround for that? And where can I find the steering wheel remote converter? None of the local shops seem to have heard of it, which I find surprising.
Cheers for the comment! Yeah, you can buy pockets for Single DIN units at most good car stereo outlets. They also show up on eBay from time to time. The cupholders on the other hand are custom made. Give Nick at NVU a call on 0394661011. Will cost you $500-600. The steering wheel remote was specially ordered from Strathfield Car Radio - will cost you approx $300.

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Holy crap there's some good $$ just in the cup holders and converter.

I really like the white instrument cluster in the top one, is that out of ahigher model or is it custom?

That second install looks sweet.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
vy_acclaim said:
Cheers for the comment! Yeah, you can buy pockets for Single DIN units at most good car stereo outlets. They also show up on eBay from time to time. The cupholders on the other hand are custom made. Give Nick at NVU a call on 0394661011. Will cost you $500-600. The steering wheel remote was specially ordered from Strathfield Car Radio - will cost you approx $300.

:confused: What he said - lol. The white instrument cluster is out of a VZ HSV Clubsport, as to are the binnacles.