Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Cold Air Intake

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Have to watch out for water/moisture entering the intake system. Given ur talking about mounting it low, i would count on a bit of water will end up in it.

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
not if the pipes are near vertical

and also i was thinking of having another pipe somewhere higher so if i drove through a puddle the lower pipe doesnt suck up water

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
its as legal as putting a 70mm throttle body and a k'n'n air filter on.
as legal as putting a set of 18" rims on a vs exec
as legal as putting an aftermarket steering wheel on with out center padding.
as legal as some led's in your wiper jets.
as legal as well you get the point

nothings legal these days.
you say you have a k'n'n filter in there already then legally your not aloud to fit a off the shelf cold air intake kit as its 2 intake modifications and your only aloud 1
but that rule maybe only vic not sure.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
i think you're underestimating the strenth of the induction, it wil suck water vertical. Probably won't be a problem, just thought i would throw it out there.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Dons vs that's so true but I only eat hot cakes and my hole is 100mm and I drive with my work boots on so will I still die???

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
not if the pipes are near vertical

and also i was thinking of having another pipe somewhere higher so if i drove through a puddle the lower pipe doesnt suck up water

to over come water splashes from a car infront of you you can simply stick a bit of foam down there on wet days or even leave the small peice of foam in there all the time as long as its not to restrictive, this will catch any water drops.
as for driving through a puddle well **** man it would have to be abig puddle for it to get all the way up to the air box.
Even on a car dropped on its guts the air box is still half a meter off the ground.
now thats a damn big puddle to be driving your commodore through hahaha.
plus as its not the only path of intake it will not be sucked in the engine will still only suck out of the open port which is the one that sits over the radiator.

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
thats ****ed. A K&N filter works on the same basis as the stock paper one. it just does a better job

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Dons vs that's so true but I only eat hot cakes and my hole is 100mm and I drive with my work boots on so will I still die???
ahhhhhhh well the 100mm hole will work in your favor but the hot cakes does alot a slight top heaviness and will encourage overhead implosion.
your work boots being heavy than your normal shoes could work for or against as you will be heavier on the accel but also quicker on the brakes.
do you get oj or coffee with your cakes though? as this could be the desiding factor.
i wouldn't rule out dieing yet though we need more data to do a true evaluation of the circumstances.

crossy: its still a modification to factory specifications so baa boww sucks doesnt it but hey i dont write the rules, i just find sneaky sneaky ways to break them :whistling

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Large coke with out ice maccas rip you off if you get ice btw love the scientific approach to this topic