Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Interior Color

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
Hey all,

I was thinking about repainting the inside of my VS commodore, My VS is Green, and I'm having trouble thinking of a nice interior color for it.

Has anyone else repainted the interior, if so, what color? And what did you pay for the paint?

I'm redoing my interior and will be making a new post soon to show my work log.. (Lost my Licence for 5 months (thank you very much speed cameras) and figured it would be a good time to make a start!)

Cheers! :beer chug:

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
This is just my opinion but id say leave it alone, i have seen so many dodgy jobs, well actually the majority and it looks tacky to me, much better leaving it nice and stock looking and it helps hold its value too.

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
Yeah I was thinking Black, or a white/cream color. I think your def right about the blacks/greys/whites though. It'll def make it look sweet.

Jokerflingo: Yeah I've seen way too many dodgy jobs as well. It won't be going anywhere so i will have some time to put a lot of effort into it. I would leave it alone, but the paint on some of the areas, like around the handbrake and 12v are starting to get scratched up, and on the side of the center console the paint is starting to fade. I'm not too worried about the value of the car, It's my first car and it's not like the ol' VS's are selling for a decent price anymore... Not saying that your opinion is wrong, just saying, that's mine :)//

Jonii: Really liking the paint job man. Has given me some idea's.. I have some putyy and ABS plastic coming in tonight, so I might get started stripping it all out.

Thanks for the advice though!

hulmy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
go dark or prepare to clean alot, but if a light colour is your choice then just seat covers and foot mats to cover the parts most likely to get stuffed

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
True that.. Hadn't thought too much about the cleaning side of it. Black seems like the choice to go. Just unsure on what kind of paint I should be using. Should I look in a Car Paint shop, or would somewhere like Autobarn, Burson's or even a Hobby Shop stock the kind of paint I need?