Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Level 2 Gauges

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
The original gauges were done on Glow in the Dark paper, but the finish was not very desirable. So I redone them on my photographic printer and they turned out quiet good. The only reason why I have not tried to fit them is when I've attempted to cut out the hole for the odometer and the needles it looked tacky.

Does anyone know it the series of holes across the bottom of the gauges are required ? I don't want to pull apart the dash to find out.

Let us know what ya think.

Attachments

• Photo paper gauges.JPG
    Photo paper gauges.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 244

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
BT1 VR said:
The original gauges were done on Glow in the Dark paper, but the finish was not very desirable. So I redone them on my photographic printer and they turned out quiet good. The only reason why I have not tried to fit them is when I've attempted to cut out the hole for the odometer and the needles it looked tacky.

Does anyone know it the series of holes across the bottom of the gauges are required ? I don't want to pull apart the dash to find out.

Let us know what ya think.

Drill the holes out using a correct sized dirll tip... thats hwat i would do anyway if your not steady using a blade.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks,
i did the design and hcca made it up for me. i will get some better pics soon of it in the car.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
im guessing you used a picture of lightning for the backgroudn then added the logo behind the speedo and redid the text...

Im not the best at photoshop but im learning with the help of others and slowly making a design.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, thats pretty much it, when using adobe, make each picture a seperate layer, heaps easier to work with. and you can make the layers transparent. the hardest bit was getting the guages right. i can give out the photoshop file with the dials in it, and the outline for the face. i jut dont want anyone using my same lightning pic. i want it to be as original as possible

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
All the little holes down the bottom are for your
-indicators
-engine light
-high beam
etc etc etc