Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Made P Plates Idea - Feedback

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Hey guys

Had this p plate on my car before we changed to the green ones. Basically i was thinking you could have a brand name or picture inside the white P part, instead of it being solid. I had it on my car for around 6 months, no cop said anything about it being illigal (Does not make it legal) , from far away it looked like a normal P plate i got the exact dimensions off the vicroads website) i think its a nice touch. I can get them printed very easily and was thinking of maybe charge $20 for a set, they would be quality digital print vynil (car wash, heat, sun resistant) and you could choose what you wanted on them. They would stick onto the outside of car, so that would actually be more visible than normal plates especially if you have window tint, i could have a look into getting them to stick onto the inside of thh glass but i dont think it will work.

Tell me what you guys reckon.
Cheers

Attachments

• daniel_p plate.jpg
    daniel_p plate.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4,187
Last edited:

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
good idea, but i dunno how you'd go if the cops did say anything
sweet job tho ;)

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
they are there for a reason, i don't think f**king with them is worth the 3 demerit points

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
either way it's illegal if a faded P is classed as not having them up modify 1 will be the same no P's no licence. tamper with them and you will loose your's P's sorry but thats the law

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I hope this thread was a joke :)

Is it posted in the jokes section? No. I want feedback pos or neg i don't care, just not stupid comments.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far, I preety much assumed they wouldent be legal, but doesnt stop people putting them on their car, there is quite a few differnt type of p plates out there (like the novelty ones swordfish posted, and we have all seen the blood splatter ones and metal mulisha ones) It was just be a "novelty" or off road use type application.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
dude i've seen pink with the white P on a chicks car it just depend on the cop who pulls you over. i wouldn't risk it now days, maybe pop them up for a show n shine but dont drive with them

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Wouldn't pay $20 for them at all..obviously you mean they will be magnetic because they stick to the outside of your car. Some kid will just come along and take it off, BANG $20 you could have spent elsewhere..
Would only work IMO on the inside of the glass and as Ducker said, for like a show n shine or cruise.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wouldn't pay $20 for them at all..obviously you mean they will be magnetic because they stick to the outside of your car. Some kid will just come along and take it off, BANG $20 you could have spent elsewhere..
Would only work IMO on the inside of the glass and as Ducker said, for like a show n shine or cruise.

They will be stickers, that are heat, sun, carwash resistant, also they will not colorfade. I actually have a plain green one on my car (normal p plate, but a sticker i made) so that cops can see it better, as opposed to stuck on the inside of the car with tint windows, these p plates are more visible than standard as well.