Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

custom paint job

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hay all, i have 93 vp berlina in metallic green and i would love to here some ideas on 2 tone paint job whilst keeping some of the metallic green that come with car.iam open to any ideas

Last edited:

av13xl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
som times a white or even an oreange looks good with green if ur not doin it like a calais.
aslo keep the majority of the car green then you wont have 2 paint inside the doors

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Black bottom. But, don't just get it like a normal 2 tone car, make the black abit lower than the middle of the door line.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm assuming your car is Marine Aqua - the mid metallic green that was so popular on VP's and VR's, and fades to **** on nearly every one you see. My VR Berlina was done in that colour and a total respray brought it back to life like no polish ever could.

If that is your colour, the only colour I reckon will work is the silver grey lower panels that were painted on Calais - you see them around a bit and they can look pretty good, but the paint has to be in good nick.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
But then it wouldn't be custom, it would be a mock up calais....

MUT4NT

RatRod Gem Wagon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH international// Gemini Wagon
i think a black top half of the car and a pinstripe of some colour down the middle

between the green and black

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
This is just my personal opinion, but i've never really been a fan of custom 2 tone paint jobs. I reckon you'd get bored too quickly once its done. I still think the best paint job, is a single tone, solid colour...

MUT4NT

RatRod Gem Wagon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH international// Gemini Wagon
This is just my personal opinion, but i've never really been a fan of custom 2 tone paint jobs. I reckon you'd get bored too quickly once its done. I still think the best paint job, is a single tone, solid colour...

solid colour of a custom paint?