Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Tune for VS Statesman

KINGY 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman S3 supercharged V6 50th anniversary
DSC00106.jpgHey all,

I have a series 3 vs statesman 50th anniversary supercharged with;
-cold air intake
-69mm big bore throttle body
-10.5psi pulley
-1.97 roller rockers (yet to be installed)

Once the rockers are installed I'm looking at getting headers and exhaust system (opinions and personal experience would be appreciated), a 1.5 shift kit and a custom mafless tune. I've been told by a reputable tuner that this is too many mods to tune the standard memcal chip to suit and an upgrade will be $4,000 (he acted like a bit of a knob and just wanted to get rid of me but i don't know any better).

My question is, is it possible to tune as is with these mods or is a computer upgrade necessary? Any alternate idea for my plan would also be appreciated

Cheers

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
the Delco is very easily tuned by people that know what they are doing, and suggesting that a $4000 computer upgrade is necessary is ridiculous.

as above contact The1, or edjukated, and ask about a tune. It won't be custom tailored to your car, but it will be a 'safe' but solid tune for what you have.

Although, with the mods you have listed, a mafless tune is over the top, and will mean more than a quick tune.