Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
thanks for the comments!

as for more pics did you see the slide show from photo bucket! Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket i will update it soon with better pics as half the images resized them selfs :(

the springs are all SSSL models, both the side skirts at the back are acutaly lower then 10cm above the ground, but u only notice it if u like really get down from a far on any side & view the car, pasted the qld transport road stop & defected car thingo fine

as for cars upgrades! OTR intake on its way, ive upgraded the rear mufflers to those ebay autotechna 3 inch quad tip stainless systems its ok! but i am getting the full hurricane 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 system in stainless soon, as the middle section of my exhaust is a stock system but it has some damage to its middle mufflers

as for the cops well not too bad so far been pulled over 4 times in owning the car bout 7 months now done almost 20,000 km in it it actualy took just over 8,000 km before i first got pulled over! but yeah each time got pulled up bit hassled lol once in surfers got pulled up for like 30mins & a big talk to bout this & that, then told its a nice car have a good night LOL

the 3rd time was pulled into the defected cars stops by qld transport & i got the all clear! they even commented that they liked the rear Green P plates, its a Decal sticker with the out side shaped like a transformer badge!

the 4th time i got pulled over same place as the 3rd just a silly highway petrol car, fairly silly cop too! at first didnt beleave me the bonnent is stock just with a painted surface! then he raved on bout im not allowed to drive V8's or high performance cars & i clearly said nicely im over 25 & on green P's & im allowed to drive V8's but i already told u its only a V6 engine & then i got out to open the bonnet to show this to him but still the silly guy had to still ring in to his station to confirm check below LOL

421886_2850344614129_1124898420_32239597_503573087_a.jpg

Last edited:

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
the 4th time i got pulled over same place as the 3rd just a silly highway petrol car, fairly silly cop too! at first didnt beleave me the bonnent is stock just with a painted surface! then he raved on bout im not allowed to drive V8's or high performance cars & i clearly said nicely im over 25 & on green P's & im allowed to drive V8's but i already told u its only a V6 engine & then i got out to open the bonnet to show this to him but still the silly guy had to still ring in to his station to confirm check below LOL

421886_2850344614129_1124898420_32239597_503573087_a.jpg

Lol stupid cops!
I had one pull me over in my Calais cause I has the quad tips and he wanted to check the engine, but was a good bloke and nice so was ok in the end

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Wait what? A V6 HSV? WTF?

[edit] never mind ... just ready the OP again. just another copy

Last edited:

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
little update!!

LOOKS WORSE THEN WHAT IT IZ ha!

ipadindash.jpg

ipad install now on its way! just got to confirm where the aircon havoc controller wires up to & waiting for a ipad/ipod aux cable to arrive in the main so i can hook the ipad up to the stock headunit & have periment power when the key is turned

ipadinstall.jpg

& the car now has Facebook! :) (Sat Nav, Internet browser, emails, list goes on)

facebookincar.jpg

(picture was taken to show off to a few mates on facebook! if i relised id update it here i would have opened the just car forums)

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
So everything still work fine with the facia off, what you going to do for heater an that. Also can you now only listen to music on the iPad. Does radio still work.

hi yeah works all fine check out the video? VE commodore iPad install - YouTube this is video off the guy who sold me his setup & ill do some more videos when its finished

the car works 100% fine with the headunits facia off, i did have a issue at first the aircon keep turning on when the cars key is turned but it was just the headunit keep turning the aircon on auto & it wouldnt turn off fixxed now

basicly the aircon controls are now done via a havoc controller its like a mini touch screen so u program it to suit which model ve u have, im just waiting for nate from demon designs to reply to us to confirm where it all wires up to as the guy i got mine off had a different model ve so its a bit different to how he had it wired

basicly the headunit & steering controls all work 100% fine after its installed, only bad side its the cd player is stuck with the only 6 cd i have in it ( i picked my favourites & they are in there for now) but basicly having a 64gb ipad u can load all your music onto that, the radio still works 100% fine u can switch from the cd, radio to aux/ipad with the steering controls, u can change the vol, station or track (wont be able to change to next cd will have to skip the full tracks on the cd) all good cause i might take the 6 cds out before its 100% in the car & just put them on my ipad

the best way to do this would be to relocate the actualheadunit to the boot or back of the wagon in my case, but i dont want to go to that extreme incase i remove it one day when sell the car, demon 8 designs owner if u watched his videos he relocated his headunit to the back of his ve sedan & then also wired up the facia headunit controls wired it up into the glove box

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Does it turn on and off with the car? If it does what is it connected to, to do this. Cheers. Looks good btw

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Does it turn on and off with the car? If it does what is it connected to, to do this. Cheers. Looks good btw

hi the ipad wont turn off when the car shuts down, if the ipad is in sleep mode when the cars key is turned off the ipad will actually activate & ask u to unlock the front screen if you dont it will just go back to sleep mode! if you dont want the ipad to go to sleep u just edit this is the settings, but yeah but yeah if the ipad is turned off or in sleep model when u start the car then yes it turns it on or wakes it up & ask u to unlock the front screen (im going to drill a hole to access the home button with your finger for ease of use, as i wont be able to access the power button once its installed) the ipad will just connect to the stock headunit as the rear Aux & also obtain power like this, i still waiting for some info from the past owner as i think he had one of the 2006 ve & it was wired up all different, its just i cant seem to find where this ipad connection he had plugs into, as my headunit has the aux output in the front of the screen/buttons

heres little teaser video ill do a full video once its all installed 100%

Last edited by a moderator: