Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Customised VN Bonnets

Which Bonnet?

• VN Group A Bonnet Bulge

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Monaro Bonnet

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • VN Group A with Opening

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Leave the Bonnet Plain!

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ok, well I'm looking at doing something different with my VN bonnet cause it looks plain to me.

So I was thinking of a Monaro style bonnet...As Group A bulges have been done to death...

Does anyone have any pictures of a VN with a monaro bonnet or has anyone seen one before?

Also does anyone have any other suggestions?

I just put a poll up, so please vote for what you think! Also here is a pic of the bonnet bulge with the opening thats in the poll (thanks to Nutkase for the pic...hope you dont mind!):

Attachments

• Nutkase.jpg
    Nutkase.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
fu2 said:
i dont ming the group a with the opening on it. looks totally different

Yeah thats the advantage of the group a with the opening i reckon, its very rare. Theres alot of cars with the monaro bonnet now, although i have yet to see one on a VN but its only a matter of time. But the monaro bonnets do look very sweet..

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
yeh, i agree that the monaro bonnets look sweet as, but i dont think they will look any good on a vn, i have seen on ebay some people selling vn bonnets with the xr8 buldge, i havent seen that before

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Damn it, i meant to vote other, but i voted leave it plain. I reckon a BA falcon bulge could lookk fairly good on the VN, im not a fan of bulges and stuff tacked onto the top, but a BA bulge could looks fairly tidy

C

corvette_tpi

The VN group A with the opening is the go. It would have to help quite a bit with airflow and it keeps it looking original (i don't know how much i like the late model body parts on the early modeal cars).