Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Customising VN Calais

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Because then your less likely to get eaten by wolves ;)

But i agree on being different, get alot of OMG. No you didnt... Well yes i did :D

Do what you think looks good.

Exactly, he asked for advice, i gave him mine-:thumbsup:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Now now guys you both right one thinks the Calais looks good and the other VN group A body kit i like them both. Zedlin do wat u want becos it's your car make it look how u want as these are suggestions.

eaten by the wolfs ha ha i love it mate keep it up

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
The only "OMG" you'd get with a group a kit on a calais is "OMG that looks ****".
If you want to do a single colour or a group a kit choose something other than a calais. Best feature about calais' is the two tone ever since my first vk calais 2 tone has done it for me and IMO its not a calais without 2 tone otherwise it just looks like your average commodore. White & silver is a nice 2 tone colour only other option is black and silver. The best 2 tone colour groups they did. If you want a kit get a SS one nice and suttle and doesnt scream fake and tacky whenever you see it plus you can keep 2 tone and itll still look good

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
But being single tone, along with everything else,wheel spats, grill ect remove, then it would no longer resemble a Calais would it? Until you stepped inside. I agree, a lot of the time body kits do look tacky, and just ruin a car, but done right, especially with the likes of a Group A kit, can acheive some really nice results...

And i don't think two tone looks bad, i'm just a big fan of doing something a little different. Nearly every single Calais getting around at there, has a two tone paint scheme, whether it be factory, or something they've customised themselves. I just say, why not do something a little different. So don't bag out my idea's saying that they're ****, when that's just your personal opinion........

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
The only reason i wouldn't go a bog shouty bodykit is that you need the motor to back it up.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
hence the suggestion of a High comp, NA, with 355 stroker kit !! backed up by a manual box.........

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Soz bro i 4got wat u said earlier
just so ya know I'm not against ya m8. your idea is good too