Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Customizing" the standard VZ Alarm

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to add another sensor to my stock alarm in my VZ ute. I was thinking that maybe the alarm module would be the same one as in the sedan, so there might be the two spare sensors because I only have 2 doors. I'd like to be able to use either one or both of them to alarm my hard tonneu cover. (I keep expensive things under it :p) Just wondering if anyones tried it, or if they can give me help in the way of where to access the module, the wires or if it's even possible.
Thanks!

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
like when you open the door and it goes of? i dont know who vzs are wired but y dont you tap in to the door switch wire and add a switch to the lid?

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
I was going to do that but i heard that some cars have a battery saving function, where the alarm grounds to the car after 15 minutes or something to save power. I know the car is always grounded, so i have no idea what it means or how it works. I didnt want to cut into the wires then have the alarm go off when i dont expect it :p