Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cutting a muffler off, which one to cut???

Which muffler to cut off

• Front

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Rear

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys, to be honost im not intrested in anyone saying "dont do it" so dont read on if you intend to

im kinda poor and i want my car to be louder, my mate just had it done to his VR clubby and its the best sounding thing ever... but that is a stroked 304, for $50 they'll cut one of my mufflers off and straight pipe it, my question to you is, what muffler to get cut off

front (closest to the front of the car)
rear (closest to the rear of the car)

which one would give me the best sound/less drone, (ive heard full systems dront, which is why i say dont tell me what you think unless you've done it and had a bad experiance)

anyway all "sports exhusts" are is 1 muffler system with 2.5" piping

my front muffler is currently rubbing on my sway bar, and despite my best efforts to reposition it i cant make it stay..

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I cut the rear one off mine. sounds good. Havnt heard a car with front one cut off so cant comment on that.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Not yet. Its been a week since its gone from tomorrow:( I am still sooo upset. still cant sleep proply or anything

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Take the rear resonator off, it'll be louder but still legal, might drone a bit, but hey ya get what you pay for.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
which ones the resonator? the one at the end of the car???

also ive got a vt exhust in my back yard aswell as a BA exhust... the vt exhust only has the smaller muffler

REAR resonator, meaning the resonator positioned at the REAR of the vehicle, behind the muffler. Means ya only have to make one cut as well, just hack off the resonator and weld on a piece of pipe. A zorst shop shouldn't charge much at all for that, or if you're handy with a gas axe you could do it all yaself.