Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cutting into doors

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
i have a set of 6.5" splits that are just sitting in my room as i cant decide on a way to put them into my car. i have a vh wagon and not sure if i should or can at all cut into the doors to mount them... pic below with where i want them... ive looked at pods and they go for like 150 and even then im not sure if they are deep enough for my speakers. is it ok to cut through the metal behind the panel? and even then im nt sure if i should wreck my beautiful panels... ahhh hard life

Attachments

• SP_A0068.jpg
    SP_A0068.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 148

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
could build some pods up yourself which petrude out enough from the door that you don't need to cut the door metal behind the trim. Or possibly just buy some spaces and mount them on the actual door trim itself, covering them with something nice so that you don't have crappy plastic/mdf there bare. just suggestions.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah cut the door and you will probably find that the window hits the speaker basket when its wound down and the imaging will be less than optimul. dont be slack build or pay someone to build some pods for you.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
garfa said:
yeah cut the door and you will probably find that the window hits the speaker basket when its wound down and the imaging will be less than optimul. dont be slack build or pay someone to build some pods for you.
paying someone to do your work is being slack :p

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
yeah ive looked at some prices for doors and door trim... if i ever wanted to take the speakers out i'd be poor after replacing trim etc!! ill make some pods im thinkin it cant be too hard plus have a builder for dad ill get onto him for materials and the like. if i make them myself ill know they will fit my speakers at least thanks guys

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
azzfox said:
paying someone to do your work is being slack :p
yeah i sorta stuffed that sentance up, but if i had the money i would get someone to install all my brand new nak gear! but i dont...