Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cutting rear FE2?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Do many places actually do this "professionally"? ...I've asked numerous suspension places around here and they flat out told me no...

Most of them dont compress them. However they do send them off to be compressed.

Pedders in Ballarat quoted me $100 per spring to compress.

But really its cheaper & safer to go to a wreckers and buy a pair of lowered springs.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
They sure do professionally compress. My old VR had compressed Kings in the back of it.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Most of them dont compress them. However they do send them off to be compressed.

Pedders in Ballarat quoted me $100 per spring to compress.

But really its cheaper & safer to go to a wreckers and buy a pair of lowered springs.
go to suspension centre off sunshine avenue :D (keilor i think?) cheaper and great service

LOW331

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
seriously WHY???

1 coil wont do much and if you really want it lower get those springs compressed, buy lower springs or get bags

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
My cousin landed a vk he was driving on train tracks... went over flat out, springs popped out and spun along the tracks... Could have been deadly if he was trying to outrun a train or one just happened to come by...

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Another one?

Ahhhhhhh stuff it...... Its fantastic to cut your springs and the handling is fantastic... Screw it! take them out, take your shockers out aswell, The closer you are to the ground the better and the best way to test this is to take a sudden turn at 100km+ :D (if it doesn't stick to the road you done something wrong)

HEY! while your at it, might aswell take your exhaust off to, BUT make sure you take the cat off (gives you about 35kw at the rear wheels)
AND raise your front suspension, will show everyone how slammed your arse end really is :D.....
Did i mention a pod filter aswell? get one, actually get 2!.......

With these mods i can garentee you will kill any 5L/LS1/2/3 on the road and out handle any performance car..... No ****

Better idea ... we install the chopped springs into your old VN and sell it to him as a VN Gen 3 .... when he hits a tree the seats will keep going :whistling :bow: