Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cutting rear FE2?

callumsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 SII VS Executive
would this hurt the back struts etc?
if i say, took a coil of the rear just to make it sit a little bit lower at the bum
?
any oppinons would help

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Cutting springs? Thats reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy dangerous, very illegal (or at least should be?), and youre not gonna be very popular on the forum

DO NOT cut your springs, if you want a lower car, get lower suspension

Last edited:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Another one?

Ahhhhhhh stuff it...... Its fantastic to cut your springs and the handling is fantastic... Screw it! take them out, take your shockers out aswell, The closer you are to the ground the better and the best way to test this is to take a sudden turn at 100km+ :D (if it doesn't stick to the road you done something wrong)

HEY! while your at it, might aswell take your exhaust off to, BUT make sure you take the cat off (gives you about 35kw at the rear wheels)
AND raise your front suspension, will show everyone how slammed your arse end really is :D.....
Did i mention a pod filter aswell? get one, actually get 2!.......

With these mods i can garentee you will kill any 5L/LS1/2/3 on the road and out handle any performance car..... No ****

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Cutting the springs = FAIL
Its not only illegal but makes it unsafe for yourself, your car and everyone around you.

You only have three options...

1. Have the springs professionally compressed.

2. Buy proper lowered springs.
or
3. Keep it the ride height it is and buy a puppy :thumbsup:

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
If you want it lower than it is , build a 18mm MDF sub box and squeeze 2 15's into it , run 2 amps.. the weight of this will bring the ass down , but dont expect super acceleration or cornering awesomeness.

Or better yet , get onto ebay or boostcruising and hunt down some cheap springs for your ride.

On another note... old Geminis have the same diameter rear springs as fixed axle commo's , so you couls get some stock gemini rear springs and slot them in , but remember,, these springs are lightweight , and the car wont handle too well and be a bit bouncy , even if you have good shocks

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
On another note... old Geminis have the same diameter rear springs as fixed axle commo's , so you couls get some stock gemini rear springs and slot them in , but remember,, these springs are lightweight , and the car wont handle too well and be a bit bouncy , even if you have good shocks

Even that's not quality advice. Sure the IRS Setups have the same springs as Barina, Camira etc etc, but those smaller cars are what half a tonne? and the commodores are what 1.5 tonne? (approx) Snappity Snap?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Cutting them is dangerous, don't be tight - if you want a lowered car invest in some quality suspension components