Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CV8 Fuel tank removal

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on removing the fuel tank.
Old man needs to replace his fuel pump so i need to give him the details.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
This job is a lot easier to do with the driver's side rear wheel removed and a stand placed under where the rear suspension bolts onto the car.

Three straps hold the tank up in place. One is held on by two bolts, the other is held on by a bolt on one and and a hook on the other. Use two scissor jacks on either side of the tank so you can slowly lower it when you have released the straps. Also much easier to release the straps if you have upward pressure on the tank. You will need a long 17mm socket and a long extension bar to do this effectively.

When you have the tank down enough use a fuel line removal tool to undo the three lines on the pump (make sure you remember what line goes where) Then you can completely remove the tank. I release the fuel pump using a sturdy flat blade (I.E. farm spec flat blade) and a hammer to knock the clamp out.

If you are replacing the pump only, make sure not the bend the fuel level sensor float as you pull the pump housing out of the tank.