Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cylinder head bolt removal.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
has anyone on here ever had much luck with removing the cylinder heads from an alloytec? got the rocker covers off and cams out, but unless i’m looking at the wrong bolts, the 8 bolts in each cylinder head aren’t budging, not even with a torque wrench.
Do you have your head bolts of yet?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
My cigarette lighter socket won't undo with a 25 mm open ender. The manual says it should only be finger tight. Would it be safe to use my torque wrench after I strip out the dash to get it behind there?
Don't you have a rattle gun ? :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
someone posts asking for help
a dozen fuckwits hop on taking the piss
what an awesome forum to be apart of :cool:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
someone posts asking for help
a dozen fuckwits hop on taking the piss
what an awesome forum to be apart of :cool:
How much more help do you want? Turn the bolt until it loosens.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
you obviously didn’t read the part of my original post that said the bolts are completely stuck and aren’t budging lol
And you obviously missed the part where people told you to get a longer bar. 'lol'

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
you obviously didn’t read the part of my original post that said the bolts are completely stuck and aren’t budging lol

They can be very tight, so it is a matter of putting more force on them to get them undone. Use the biggest breaker bar that you can buy/beg/borrow (not a ratchet or a torque wrench) and ensure that the socket is well seated and turn/pull like hell.

Some people will even place a long piece of pipe over the handle of the breaker bar to get more leverage (but it is ‘not recommended’ by the manufacturer of the breaker bar).

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
They can be very tight, so it is a matter of putting more force on them to get them undone. Use the biggest breaker bar that you can buy/beg/borrow (not a ratchet or a torque wrench) and ensure that the socket is well seated and turn/pull like hell.

Some people will even place a long piece of pipe over the handle of the breaker bar to get more leverage (but it is ‘not recommended’ by the manufacturer of the breaker bar).
thanks mate, will see what I can do.