Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

D.I.Y cold air intake help

pickle vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s-pack II
i have a vx II s and i have just got some intake piping from a local auto shop and i am just trying to find a good place to have the piping where
it's not too visible but still effective. i was thinking from the fog lamp space in the bumper where i just have a cap in atm, but i can't find a good direct
route to the airbox with that. anyone know if there is any safe places to cut out near the airbox (not any chassis rails) or anyone who has done the same thing before
and knows a good way to go about this just let me know, any ideas or problems you found. just anything to give me an idea of how to go about this.
cheers, pickle

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Look in the "How To" section mate. There's a good write up on a CAI

pickle vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s-pack II
ahh yep, my bad. i'll give that a shot.. also this isn't an aftermarket CAI, just a home job

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i have a vx II s and i have just got some intake piping from a local auto shop and i am just trying to find a good place to have the piping where
it's not too visible but still effective.
i was thinking from the fog lamp space in the bumper where i just have a cap in atm, but i can't find a good direct
route to the airbox with that. anyone know if there is any safe places to cut out near the airbox (not any chassis rails) or anyone who has done the same thing before
and knows a good way to go about this just let me know, any ideas or problems you found. just anything to give me an idea of how to go about this.
cheers, pickle

May I ask why you want to hide it?

pickle vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s-pack II
not too sure if some police will agree with me having it on my car. not 100% sure on if it's legal or where it's legal to have it, so just incase

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I'd personally spend the money on a mace cai that way it looks good sounds good and cops can't do anything

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk

pickle vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s-pack II
yea im going to do that next and route the piping into that for when i have my lights on (just because of the amount of heat the lights generate)

pickle vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s-pack II
yea pretty much haha. only on my red p's as well :/