Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

D Segment saloon sales 2020

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Opel/Vauxhall Insignia was so popular it finished 23rd, behind the Peugeot 405 retooling in India!!
Plucky ZB Commodore in there for the last time, at 30th. Beat a couple of cars, but outsold by two hydrogen fuel cell cars.

E3Q-wFbXEAAXxKL

E3Q-wFaXIAIs4sB

E3Q-wFcWQAAXxir

E3Q-wFiWQAoR9yB

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Would the SS be in D class? If GM actually advertised the SS to the US market then they would've sold well, I bet 30,000+ sales probably good sales here too.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Would the SS be in D class? If GM actually advertised the SS to the US market then they would've sold well, I bet 30,000+ sales probably good sales here too.

Its a bit vague, an example of Euro classes not tracking quite with US classes.

That list is missing a whole bunch of what I'd class D-segment (BMW 3, A4, C-class), which are the same size, but "premium"

Wiki reckons that the Caprice is E-segment, which I'd probably agree with as a wheelbase class above a Mondeo, more like a 7 series, S class in terms of size.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_classification#Summary_of_classifications

In one of Tezza's threads I'd shown that the ZB is well shy of the VE/VF in terms of wheelbase, so probably half a class off.