Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

D3V14NT's VP in the making

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
The local wreckers couldn't help me out with an A/C switch, apparently just sold the last one. One of the down sides to living in a small town I guess.

Going to give the wreckers another try on the weekend and if still no good then I'll be getting one off of ebay.

I'll get some more piccies up soon, I want to give it a good clean first :D

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Can't seem to find an A/C switch at the wreckers or on eBay so that'll have to wait a while unfortunately. Not that it's too big a deal as the A/C won't work until I can get the cover plate off the compressor and get the strip of belt out.

Replaced the heater tap the other day and it's made a big difference to the ambient temp of the car - no more mobile sauna!

Replaced plugs and leads and doing an oil change, fuel air and oil filter change and a trans service next time I have some free time. Bit's n pieces are all sitting there ready to go.

Need to take the rear left wheel off to adjust the handbrake as its way off compared to the rear right. I'll do the brake pads while I'm at it as I have some lying around.

The engines lost a lot of power recently and has a noticeable miss. I'd be inclined to think one of the coil packs are gone and causing the miss so I'll have a look at getting another to test with.

I'm fairly certain the cause of the engine rattle are the big end bearings. The rattles definitely from the bottom of the engine and is loud and harsh. Thinking I might rebuild it rather than buy a second hand engine. Sure it costs more but at least I know it'll be a decent motor. But I'll wait and see what happens. Don't have the cash at the moment for either option.