Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dad not getting much mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
thatll show him, marbles in his shoes and all over the ground

hahahahahahahahahah best post ever...lol....

i like the test idea.. put a few fake letters in there and see if they stay or not

to bad if he's a jc memeber though hahaha

aZk.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
hahahahahahahahahah best post ever...lol....

i like the test idea.. put a few fake letters in there and see if they stay or not

to bad if he's a jc memeber though hahaha

aZk.

:/ he could be, he drives a blue vz crewman with the license plate "Honda5"

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Stuff privacy laws,have somebody watch out near by(prob just after the postie comes).Catch them in the act then have somebody give him a touch up for doing it.Other idea as mentioned before would make some sort of dye bomb so you find out real quick who has done it.Pisses me off people like this.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Well........ We had someone who was stealing my brothers mail, the fellow neighbour also had 2 video cameras on tripods filimg my brother all the time.

Rang the police, all they could do was ask him to remove the cameras, but he did not have to do so. After me having firm words with the police who were very understanding at our frustration they went and asked him again with a firmer warning (absolutly screaming at him) and they were removed, but in Vic it is not illegal.

The mail going missing they said there is absolutly nothing they can do. Mail theft is a federal offense, so you have to ring the federal police lol. We thought we would leave the federal police to terrorists and drug syndicates not bother them with mail theft and dealt with it in our own ways.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Send your old man a parcel full off ****- literally ****, dog crap, cat crap or take a crap in a box lol etc. whatever takes your fancy, then seal it up with a note on top saying "you want to steal **** here u go mate". Just make sure your old man doesn;t open it if the neighbour doesnt steal it.

Oh and u have taken into consideration the easter public holidays could also account for the lack of mail? lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
You can take video/photo of anybody who is on public property as long as you are either on public property too, or on your own property. If you're on someone else's property, the property owner/s can request you stop filming or taking photos.

As for the voice recording the conversation, you can do this without telling him, but unless you are going to take it to the police, you are not legally allowed to let anyone listen to it, nor are you allowed to tell anybody the gist of the conversation. You need his permission to show or convey the conversation to anyone who was not a party in it. You are allowed to show it to police in 'pursuit of your legal rights' or something like that though.

I'd say, get video footage via motion-detecting webcam, and ask him about it. After you do, tell him you have footage of him stealing the mail, and if he tries to shrug it off, remind him that it is considered theft, and ask if he would really like to be charged with that for something as silly as stealing mail because the stupid twit can't let a grudge go.

Yeah, that was the point of voice recording, to show police if need be to prove he did it or that you didn't threaten him etc should he go to the police himself.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
The mail going missing they said there is absolutly nothing they can do. Mail theft is a federal offense, so you have to ring the federal police lol. We thought we would leave the federal police to terrorists and drug syndicates not bother them with mail theft and dealt with it in our own ways.

Just two little nit-picking notes; I think the term for breaking a national law in Australia is 'Commonwealth Offence', not federal ;) Second point related. being that my understanding on mail theft is that it is no broken law unto itself, it is simply considered to be theft, which is a state offence, not a commonwealth offence. It only becomes a further charge if the stolen mail is used to steal an identity, credit card fraud etc etc.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Make a small electric circuit, so when the mail box is open the buzzer goes off

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Just two little nit-picking notes; I think the term for breaking a national law in Australia is 'Commonwealth Offence', not federal ;) Second point related. being that my understanding on mail theft is that it is no broken law unto itself, it is simply considered to be theft, which is a state offence, not a commonwealth offence. It only becomes a further charge if the stolen mail is used to steal an identity, credit card fraud etc etc.

nit-picker :p Nah your probably right, this was over a year ago and my memory isnt that great.

I agree though its theft, no matter what way you look at it. It may have been there way of brushing us off in which case it worked, I dont know. But they seemed very helpful and wanted this guy away as much as we did, especially when they were ahving numerous calls/complaints about him each day from different neighbours lol.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I dont know if it's already been said, i tried to read through but there was jus so much :p

Send yourself maybe 3 or 4 letters (50cents a stamp or 55 whatever it is isnt that bad) if you dont find them in your mail box call the police. Stealing other peoples mail is a federal offence... that'll get him back :p

just an idea that came to mind... but i reckon a little web cam is a good idea too.. always good to have video proof with anything

Status
Not open for further replies.