Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Daily Driver 15" Tire Suggestions

sshh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
Looking for suggestions on some good bang for buck 205/65/15's for a VT Wagon, looking to spend around $100 fitted and balanced, maybe up to $120 for a good deal/tyre.

It currently has a mixture of silverstone Kruizers and Satec Efiplus (from memory)none of which I have heard of but are overall ok as a daily driver but get a bit slipery in the wet and are a killer for road noise on longer trips.

Obviously I'm not expecting the best tyre on the market for the money I'm spending however just want something comfortable, minimal road noise and good grip wet and dry.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
$120 a tyre. Good luck. As bad as it sounds I had some china brand called triangles on my stockies. Handled like a dream.

sshh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
I'll try, its been about four years or so since I have bought tyres for a car. Have normally had comercial vehicles and went with the usual 99 dollar comercial options.

From looking online I have found the following, any comments /prefered options anyone?

Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 - $104
Firestone TZ700 - $97
Michelin Energy XM2 - $122
Yokohama Blue Earth AE01 - $112

Also whats a wheel alignment worth these days?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I'll try, its been about four years or so since I have bought tyres for a car. Have normally had comercial vehicles and went with the usual 99 dollar comercial options.

From looking online I have found the following, any comments /prefered options anyone?

Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 - $104
Firestone TZ700 - $97
Michelin Energy XM2 - $122
Yokohama Blue Earth AE01 - $112

Also whats a wheel alignment worth these days?

I get Komet for $87 fitted and can't complain. Decent grip and noise. Only loses traction if I really boot it in the wet. An alignment should run you $45-65.

99_VT_Olympic_Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Olympic Wagon 3.8
I just got the Michelin XM2 in that size for my girlfriends Camry. It was on special with Bob Jane for $122 here in SA. Very happy so far and very good experience with Michelin in the past.

In Vic you could get them currently for $119 here:

Michelin Energy XM2 Tyres from $112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I've had Michelins before on a couple cars and I can't praise them enough. I DEFINITELY recommend Michelins. Exceptional handling and grip in wet. And very low road noise. And they last. I currently have the Bridgestone's that came on my car when I bought it, but they are noisy and not as nice a ride.

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
Highway max remoulds. I got them after reading about them on this forum. Love them. Handle well and quiet on the road

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I had some "Sime" tyres around that size fitted to an EF falcon years ago. They were cheap and lasted a hell of a long time and rode very well.
Apparently a lot of taxis use, or did use them due to them lasting.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
$120 a tyre. Good luck.

I've gotten Bridgestone RE92's from K-Mart tyre and auto fitted for about that price, not too long ago either. I won't use anything else.