Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Daily vh wagon

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
New daily/Weekend family cruiser.

1983 Vh wagon, Blue 202, Auto, Dual fuel and a/c.

wago_zpsqfk1segv.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just gonna keep it tidy for now. Undecided on future plans but will either be a straight gas turbo 202 or a straight gas vk/l 304.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
for the way people drive these days as in jump on the brakes flat out out of now where, I think the early commodores brakes are a bit ordinary compared to new cars maybe thats just me but I did drive a vk for years until about 6 months ago I've thought this for the last few years mostly when I lived in Melbourne and had a few close calls of people jumping in front of me under brakes on the freeway. My vk had disks all round . Upgrade the brakes b4 you put a hot motor in it I'll vote for the injected v8 from a VP .
Vh used to be my favorite model when I was a kid the last holden with chrome bumpers, piss off the gas would be my other thought wheres the bottle in the back of the wagon?

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
for the way people drive these days as in jump on the brakes flat out out of now where, I think the early commodores brakes are a bit ordinary compared to new cars maybe thats just me but I did drive a vk for years until about 6 months ago I've thought this for the last few years mostly when I lived in Melbourne and had a few close calls of people jumping in front of me under brakes on the freeway. My vk had disks all round . Upgrade the brakes b4 you put a hot motor in it I'll vote for the injected v8 from a VP .
Vh used to be my favorite model when I was a kid the last holden with chrome bumpers, piss off the gas would be my other thought wheres the bottle in the back of the wagon?

Yeah the brakes are shocking even with new drums on the rear, But will be upgrading to disk rear and v8 front struts/brakes later down the track. Gas tank is in the wagon running along the side, I'm thinking about getting a tank for the spare wheel well so I don't have to look at the ugly thing every time I look in the rear view mirror. I was thinking efi 5l but I'm sticking with L.P.G so I don't need all the injected gear.

tomturner150491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR manual
just transferred my vh drum diff to vl turbo borg w. more gear choices and 12mm wider than standard vh.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
just transferred my vh drum diff to vl turbo borg w. more gear choices and 12mm wider than standard vh.
is the vl turbo diff a 3.45:1 28 spline axle diff?
The 3.23:1 25 spline vk diff makes the 3.3 thirsty as don't do that if you drive the car alot i did that once to get disks under on the back then moved to gippsland the commodore was thirstier than the prado i drive now even with the 3.23 I doubt the vk would of beaten the prado over a standing 1/4 .

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Go the turbo 202 would be cool as in a daily and a lot less common than the 304 swap.

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go the turbo 202 would be cool as in a daily and a lot less common than the 304 swap.

I'm leaning more towards a carby 304 just for that v8 sound.