Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dam Flat battery and deadlocks on my Bimmer

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Well I had to come up with way to get into my daily runner while my commy motor is being built as i left the lights on.
My model BMW 2 locking systems, locking it on the first allows you to unlock doors via the boot but using the full secure method deadlocks and turns on the alarm.

Firstly yes I tried the correct BMW procedure by putting the key into the lock turning the same time i pull the handle but the drivers side refused to move and passenger side came up but not quite enough to open it....

The battery is under the rear seat and the motor is protected by covers as the way may have been to jumper the alternator or starter motor.
I could open the boot but the back of the seat is solid metal so no way in, the doors have protection cover plates so you can't actuate the locks.
I can open the boot so thinking of this, and the lights being turned on I decided to feed 12v into the lights wiring and bingo it worked.

This may be of use to anyone else in this predicament and give an easy way to do this.

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I liked my old cleveland, whenever that needed to be jumped, i popped the hood and the battery was right in front of me :) no covers, no bs. needed some decent sized leads to kick her over though.

also broke into my XE many times with some wire :)