Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damage to my calais. How much and what needs to be done?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
what ever you do make sure you get a panel beater you can trust because i have seen some say the will cut panels out like yours and weld in a new section, fisholine it all at the end and everything etc etc and what the ended up doing was simply bogging the panels without the customer knowing (if this was to happen once you close the door heaps over a period of 6-12 months the bog will simply fall out and you will be back to where you started from)

also if you can advoid using insurance then advoid it insurance companies generally ask for a quote to fix from the reparier and then end up forcing the quote cheaper and the panel shop does a cheaper low quality job. most panel shops are more interested where possible to deal with the consumer themself with no insurance company

anyhow be wary

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
summernats2010 said:
what ever you do make sure you get a panel beater you can trust because i have seen some say the will cut panels out like yours and weld in a new section, fisholine it all at the end and everything etc etc and what the ended up doing was simply bogging the panels without the customer knowing (if this was to happen once you close the door heaps over a period of 6-12 months the bog will simply fall out and you will be back to where you started from)

also if you can advoid using insurance then advoid it insurance companies generally ask for a quote to fix from the reparier and then end up forcing the quote cheaper and the panel shop does a cheaper low quality job. most panel shops are more interested where possible to deal with the consumer themself with no insurance company

anyhow be wary

Thats why you always ask the repairer what sort of guarantee they have on their work. Most reputable repairers have a lifetime guarantee on their structural work and a minimum 10 year guarantee on paintwork. A good way to tell if anythings been bogged is to put a magnet in a thin cloth and run it over the work. If the slightest bit of bog touches the car I'll be pissed.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
SS Calais Pic's

I have a few pics...with the SS front lip...the SS Side skirts are subtle and would look good IMO... as you already have the SS boot spoiler.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
sixshooter said:
I have a few pics...with the SS front lip...the SS Side skirts are subtle and would look good IMO... as you already have the SS boot spoiler.:thumbsup:

Very nice. I quite like it! But it looks like it needs the side skirts and rear bumper to complete it. Looks like Panther Mica too. Those SS rims suit better than expected too. I've got some brand new VT internationals sitting in boxes in the garage waiting to go on. I wonder how internationals would look with an SS kit? :unsure:

I still want the damage fixed anyways....