Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damaged car auction prices.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I can see passenger side front guard has some damage.
I would expect the first ute not to go above $250.

you would be surprised, the utes do grab more money than you think. its stupid what the gen 2 era goes for at pickles these days.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Anyone been to a car auction where crashed cars are sold? I'm trying to estimate what my insurer would ask for my ute now it's heavily damaged.
No red book type thing for stuff like this, the value to the insurer is in you being a customer year-in year-out otherwise insurance doesn't work, particularly when 95% of your customers drive pleb cars. The comp sell off of a wreck is just a nice extra which makes paying you out cost less.

Usually they offer you a buy back price for the wreck unless they're the type of insurer that cart it off interstate before telling you. I've heard from "people" that if it's more than a 10th (I think, I don't really remember) of the price it was insured for you should argue with them about it. Either way you should have the option to buy back fairly cheap unless your insurer sucks.

Wreckers would pay $500-$1000 all depends on classification whether it's repairable/financial statutory writeoff or not.

Kinda off topic, but in NSW any repairable or financial write off is also now statutory. Was done to stop car re-birthing. Not sure what it's like in other states, but the state I live in requires that the vehicle be cleared of the WOVR notification in the state it was written off in, which makes it impossible if you buy something from NSW.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Kinda off topic, but in NSW any repairable or financial write off is also now statutory.
Yep sucks big time since the whole NEVDIS & WOVR mechanisms were a lengthy state and federal consultation process intended to reduce vehicle rebirthing and ensure correct vehicle repair processes (hence the existence of statutory & repairable write-off).

But for NSW to now say no more repairable write-offs is purely to forster higher new car sales and get older cars off the road.

Hope this doesn’t spread to other states. In fact I hope the other states reprimand those idiots running NSW since they seem to have dumped the consultation process going it alone :mad:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fark!!! I really hope that is not true (rather stay in denial tbh)

Did know some dudes who bought repairable writeoffs years ago they had to provide receipts,pics & proof of repairs for everything...total nightmare to get cleared & re-registered.