Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DAMMIT! Coolant all over the place!

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
do yourself a favour and just take it down to a radiator joint and get them to look at it. Its so much easier. They will look at your cap then pressure test it. If they think the cap is buggered they will tell ya. If ya radiator is buggered they will tell ya. Basically a pressure test is what you need.

A pressure tester is a little guage with a plug on one end that tightens up and a pump on the other. You shove the plug into the radiator and tighten it up. Then you pump the pump a few times. not sure how many but anyway. Then you look at the guage. If its loosing pressure it means that there is a leak somewhere. If there is a leak somewhere it SHOULD be squirting out wherever its leaking because of the pressure. So there you go that is simply how a pressure test works. They shouldnt charge you for this either. You could probably get your mechanic to do it as well. Most good mechanics will have a pressure tester on hand. WELL THEY SHOULD anyway. Thats just my 2cents. But be prepared to fork out some money if something is wrong. i just had to get a new radiator, thermostat, cap, and coolant... all up $300+. and the radiator i had was only 9 months old. Supposibly i did the best job his ever seen at cooking a radiator. lol my bad. shouldnt do 220 on the spot..

Anyway thats my 2 bob and im sticking by it.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
thats ok.. just got all my car back together.. then it ran out of fuel. lol

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Haha I just got MY car back together . . . WITH CALAIS FRONT SEATS
I'm putting the back seat in tomorrow - should be great. They are so much better than Executive seats!!
Even though I've got a brown interior, the soft grey seats actually fit in pretty well!

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
hmmm i need new seats.. mine is sorta leaning in towards the passenger seat. the passengers seat isnt much better. lol

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Hmm that'd suck. Went to the Holden shop today - bought a new surge tank cap because it was only $10.45 (the joys of a series 1 . . . ). If I still have dramas, I'll get it pressure tested.
Calais seats are well worth the money.
Decided I'll get the back seat cleaned before I put it in, so not today . . .