Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dammit!!!

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Yeh the door doesnt shut properly, so Im thinking the chassis is twisted and not worth fixing. :( Seems such a shame, its mechanically fine.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
you could have a look on ebay for a shell? i know its not that easy though.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
wow bad luck dude...that sucks...looks like a bit of damage..hopefully its not going to cost you to much to get it repaired

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Sorry to hear it, then to see the photo's ... Ouch ...

If it were insured, you can back it in that it was going to be written off... I beg of you not to fix it cheaply and then fob it off to someone else to try and make a proffit or something at a later date...

I have seen people do it in the past and it is just not right... Your best bet probably would be to try and find a shell and put all the parts in it .. I have seen heaps of VR/VS shells hanging around wreckers ...

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah man, sorry for your loss. Somthing similar hapened to me not long ago but not as bad as yours. I would say your car is dead. Looks like you'll just have to get another vr and transplant parts, or just wreck that one and sell it off peice by peice and buy a new one.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
ouch mate... I would go into the corner and cry if that happened to my car. I'd say it would definitely be more financially viable to part it out and buy another one.

Consider it a blessing in disguise... if you have to buy another car at least you can upgrade :)

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Yeah, well, after talking with my parents we have come up with this. They will loan me $3000, and I can sell my car as it is now. I dont know what its worth at all, but at least with the money I can buy a new car. I wanna stick with another commodore. How much do you think I could sell the car for as it is now? Its a berlina so its got those extras that people might wanna grab, plus the motor is in good condition, reco transmission less than 6 months ago.

So basically, budget for a new car is $3000 + whatever I can get for my car.

Also, can I just transfer the registration and insurance to the new car that I get?

My mates are trying to convince me to get something turbo and fast lol, but I like commodores :p Plus I doubt I'd get a very good turbo car or whatever for this amount of money.

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Oh and btw 89vncommy that shell on ebay looks like its in even worse condition than mine lol.