Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn Cyclists

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
**** em, they should all be shot!!

one killed an olderly man few weeks ago right across the road from me
because he thought red lights dont apply to him!

Shot them? hmmm I ride a bike for work but when I ride I carry a gun so that would be interesting.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Saw a cyclist being pulled over the other day in the city.

Came off the footpath and went through a red light. 2 cops on pushbikes saw it, doubled back then flanked him all the way to the kerb...sucked in!

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Right, so today I'm driving home, nothing out of the ordinary. I drive this same road every single day, never any problems. It's a 2 lane freeway that terminates into a 5 pronged roundabout. I'm coming out of the freeway, turning hard left, in a 'Left lane must turn left lane'.

About half a K before the roundabout, I pass a cyclist, it's fairly busy, but being a 2 lane freeway I give him a nice wide berth and carry into the roundabout. I get to the roundabout and have to wait, of course. So it's clear, I check the right, no oncoming, start to move through. Next second, the cyclist cuts me off as he is heading straight, and damn near ends up on my bonnet. He pulls up his bike, starts waving like a madman and shaking fists, and I take off.

I really, really, really hate cyclists. This dude was in the 'Left lane must turn left' bit, but decided to go straight, and decided it was my fault when he cut me off. For christ sake, what makes these people think they own the bloody roads? They have to abide by the same laws as us. He nearly gets creamed for breaking the road rules, and I cop the blame and abuse from other drivers.

Rediculous.
Yeah I know what you mean, If you asked the idiots they'll tell you that they have as much right to the road as a car or truck but they don't seem to think that the rules apply to them.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Hahahahahaha Just as us drivers feel about these cyclists, the cyclists feel about pedestrians haha.
In the space of 10 minutes I saw two people in the city get knowcked into by bikes because they walked into the bike lane without looking hahaha.
Just goes to show the pecking order, the more wheels the higher up :p

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Shot them? hmmm I ride a bike for work but when I ride I carry a gun so that would be interesting.

Yeah but I carry a bigger gun cuz I have a car and I can carry a friend to aim lmao

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
effing cycos, get them off the road, it isn't gay parie or amstadam (lol chopper vids)

but seriously, this n00b came in the left lane on my left from behind me turning right, i was turning left, i slammed on the brakes as i saw him, he kept riding.....

get them off the road !!!

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Spandex Speedbumps

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i only hate the cyclists that ride 2 or 3 abreast they block up far too much of the road and the tend to wander around the road as well.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
The damned things should have to be registered, and those that pilot them should pass some kind of road rules/licence test like any other user of a vehicle on the road. Motorcyclists do.

The argument was put forth before about thw weight of the vehicle having some relation to the rego costs?? What about a motorcycle?? I rode motorcycles for many years - the biggest bike I ever owned weighed in at 185 kilos wringing wet. It cost me as much as a car to register, and I had to hold a licence to operate it on the road.

Maybe the reason the cyclists ARE so inconsistent in their application of the road rules because there's no licencing/testing - imagine the carnage on the road if we could all just jump into an unregistered car, unlicenced, without ever having to prove to anyone that we actually CAN operate the vehicle, and operate it safely enough to keep ourselves and other road users alive for at least a little while.

(Hmmmm , but then when I look at how some people DO drive their cars I have to wonder what test THEY might have taken - the examiner must have been asleep! Or specially marked packs of Weet Bix or something maybe...)

Let's face it, there's good and bad on both sides of this fence. Although I do firmly believe that cyclist should be more accountable, trackable, and should require some kind of certification that they DO know the rules, and have been tested on them - ie, a LICENCE and REGISTRATION NUMBER.

(what about if a car driver has a nasty prang in trying to avoid one of these clowns - how is the responsible party identified... "some bloke in shiny green shorts with a black helmet on a blue bike...") Yeh, that narrows it down....

skootaroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
Knowing the rules is worthless if people ignore them. I pass a dozen or so cars every day parked in cycleways then motorists are furious with me for using the lane to ride around them.
Why would I ride on a footpath instead of the road when a motorist parks across that too.
If a cyclist is passing you on the left then chances are you already pushed passed them. If you didn't a motorist just like you did.
I could keep an entire police force busy writing tickets to motorists if they could just keep up, but that would only serve to employ more and none of us want that!
Just start with say a spare metre and no fatal left turns and I wont need a gun!

P.S Pedestrians on cycleways are far worse than cyclists are on roads, they behave the same way they do when thursday night shopping, ever tried to pass one of them in the aisles?