Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn Cyclists

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Yeh - we pushed past them because we're a damned lot quicker at cruising pace than they are.

But what's the go when they cruise up past when we're stopped at traffic lights??

Yeah, God-damn it, I used to cruise up between lanes of traffic on my motor bike all the time - but you know what? When the lights went to green, I was away from there quicker than most of the cars. I wasn't in their way, and never got in their way. The cyclist who cruises past me at the lights then proceeds to hold me up from that point on because he's "entitled to a full lane in traffic" - well what the hell entitles this road user to a full lane?? Has he paid a single penny in rego fees?? Does he pay thirty bucks a year in licence fees?? Do the coppers concentrate on him when HE screws up?? I think not.

Car drivers screw up, so do cyclists. In fact, so do motorcyclists.... If "bike" riders are so cool with being "part of the road traffic", then maybe they could be bound to follow the same rules as "motor-cyclists" - sound fair enough??

Get registered (so we car drivers can "dob in" just as much as you blokes), or push the government into setting up your OWN lanes to travel in. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

(bozos......)

skootaroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
"What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Phreddy did you get your licence from a specialy marked pack or is that where you learned english.
It is legal for a cyclist to overtake on the left and stop at the lights, so if its ok for you to do it (goose) I'll keep doing it too.
Motorcyclists are not permitted to overtake on the left or "cruise up between lanes", this is where you disregard the rules to suit yourself.
You can be pissed off all you like, you just have no high ground to stand on.
Perhaps you're a supporter of more cycleways on our roads!

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
"What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Phreddy did you get your licence from a specialy marked pack or is that where you learned english.
It is legal for a cyclist to overtake on the left and stop at the lights, so if its ok for you to do it (goose) I'll keep doing it too.
Motorcyclists are not permitted to overtake on the left or "cruise up between lanes", this is where you disregard the rules to suit yourself.
You can be pissed off all you like, you just have no high ground to stand on.
Perhaps you're a supporter of more cycleways on our roads!

what a first post.. :bang: :rip:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Yeah I know what you mean, If you asked the idiots they'll tell you that they have as much right to the road as a car or truck but they don't seem to think that the rules apply to them.

The same rules apply, it's just that the rules are different for cyclists. There seems to be some ignorance of that amongst motorists, particularly if they got their licence some time ago.

Saw a cyclist being pulled over the other day in the city.

Came off the footpath and went through a red light. 2 cops on pushbikes saw it, doubled back then flanked him all the way to the kerb...sucked in!

Good. ****wits like that screw it up for everyone else.

The damned things should have to be registered, and those that pilot them should pass some kind of road rules/licence test like any other user of a vehicle on the road. Motorcyclists do.

Maybe the reason the cyclists ARE so inconsistent in their application of the road rules because there's no licencing/testing - imagine the carnage on the road if we could all just jump into an unregistered car, unlicenced, without ever having to prove to anyone that we actually CAN operate the vehicle, and operate it safely enough to keep ourselves and other road users alive for at least a little while.

Let's face it, there's good and bad on both sides of this fence. Although I do firmly believe that cyclist should be more accountable, trackable, and should require some kind of certification that they DO know the rules, and have been tested on them - ie, a LICENCE and REGISTRATION NUMBER.

(what about if a car driver has a nasty prang in trying to avoid one of these clowns - how is the responsible party identified... "some bloke in shiny green shorts with a black helmet on a blue bike...") Yeh, that narrows it down....

Good idea. A licence system, transferrable from bike to bike would be most workable. Some accountability would be the greatest benefit.

Knowing the rules is worthless if people ignore them. I pass a dozen or so cars every day parked in cycleways then motorists are furious with me for using the lane to ride around them.

$170 fine for doing so, I think.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
Shot them? hmmm I ride a bike for work but when I ride I carry a gun so that would be interesting.

hmmm . . . id love to see where u put that gun???
as i dont know of any bikes with luggage compartments :whistling

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Well I dont put it in my bag. I put it in the holster were it's ment to be right next to my baton which is near my cuffs. I see other riders doing the wrong thing and it puts a bad rep on all riders. But saying you want to shot them well what can I say. See you in jail maybe

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
I know this thread hasnt been used in a while, but I HATE cyclists on the road. About 1 out of every 20 i see obey the road rules. The rest think they own the roads.

I have COUNTLESS amount of stories about this problem... But one that really gets to me... Driving home one night at about 2am. In the streets on dande... I'm turning left at a give way sign, I look to me right, I look to my left. I didnt see anything so I started to move off, next thing i see in the corner of my eye, a guy on his bike with NO helmet, NO lights, NOTHING, going the WRONG WAY on the WRONG SIDE of the road, and he starts yelling abuse at me. I got out of the car and all I said was "you better get back on your bike" and he shut up and greezed me off as he kept on going down the wrong side of the road. That really got on my nerves

The other cyclists that piss me off, the ones that go along beach road and decide not to keep in single formation, but decide to block a whole lane of trafic instead.

Then there are those who seem to think its ok for them to go through red lights?!?

And THEN theres the ones that ride their bikes on the footpath

And THEN... haha ok no and then :p
i do that when i'm riding my pushie (riding on the wrong side of the road) because you can see the cars coming and move out of the way and no risk getting cleaned up.
I have also been on the other side of this story. I was waiting at the lights to cross the road and the foot lights turned green and i started to ride across and this guy in a wog box almost hit me and then started yelling at me. (he turned when he should of but i was on the road way before he was. he was driving up the street and then saw the "turn right light" was green and kept going at speed around the corner and almost killed me!

theres my 2 cents worth.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
if cyclists wanna be able to use the road they should have to pay rego and be able to be finned as a car would. they should also sit a basic licence for it.

i had an argument with 1 once and he said "we dont need to pay rego, i pay rego on my car" ok, if thats the case i shouldnt have to pay rego on my road bike cos i pay it on my car???

bec22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vhrb30/vxs11v6
Bikes should not be on roads.

push bike 30ks, pedestrians 5ks
woast case broken arms legs cuts and bruises
car 100ks, bike 30ks
woarst case death(for the biker)
road rules if i did 30ks down a 100kzone i would get arrested
for driveing to slow
rego pays for the roads (every car you own needs rego)
petrol tax pays for the roads also
i road a bike for years without riding on the road

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
exactly true. they use the black stuff they should pay for it of HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR CARS THEY HAVE PRIORITY OVER IT SINCE IT WAS MADE FOR CARS...